No announcement yet.

Fighter with Better resume Then Greb?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighter with Better resume Then Greb?

Armstrong and SRR are up There but not so good.Britton and Langford ,idk what to think about Langford he had colored title not official ;and fought with over 60 HoF level oposition but half of this fights was with 2 fighters ,Greb beat more HoFers doe, in one year 1919 Greb fought 10 fighters with HoF status ,fighters back Then was beasts ,fought many more fights with smaller Gloves, fights was also much more brutal ,There is no excuses for modern fighters for fighting 2 times a year. also Greb had more fights of record.

Any body have some names?imo There is non.

This numbers are just from another Galaxy ,Greb almost 50 fights vs HoFers 499 rounds in ring ,more Then Floyd careere probably ,Langford 63 or something and 9 HoFers ,this grearts will never be beaten .

Robinson, Armstrong, Ali, Pep, all have an argument, not saying that they necessarily have a better resume...

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
      Robinson, Armstrong, Ali, Pep, all have an argument, not saying that they necessarily have a better resume...
      Pep is not even close ,Greb doubles him in HoF opposition even 3x if i remember not 2x , Armstrong meh ,Robinson have more Then 10 less HoF fights but his up there

Comment

That's tough.

I need to get more info on Greb for my own understanding.

I know that other boxers have accomplished amazing feats, i.e., Henry Armstrong holding titles in 3 different weight classes at one time.

He may very well have the best resume. I'm going to study up on him more and get back with you.

Comment

I like Langford as the best p4p fighter all time with Greb second. Both have amazing resumes but Langford did over more weight classes. Politics, orgs and money make it impossible for ANY fighter today to even come close to acheiving that kind of greatness. My opinion sides with Langford, but arguing an in depth argument against Greb is hardly worthwhile to me any more. I've argued to many trivial opinions thru the years where the arguments are based on personal bias, mine or someone elses, to rattle on for days at a time.

Comment

If we're talking strictly resume, it's hard to see how anyone can top Greb.

He fought more HOFers (16), defeated more HOFers (15) and won more fights against HOFers (33) than any other boxer in history.

Whether he's the BEST boxer ever, is an entirely different discussion!

Comment

Originally posted by Bundana View Post
              If we're talking strictly resume, it's hard to see how anyone can top Greb.

He fought more HOFers (16), defeated more HOFers (15) and won more fights against HOFers (33) than any other boxer in history.

Whether he's the BEST boxer ever, is an entirely different discussion!
              Yea im talking resume ,There is no footage of Greb fighting ,but if you brutaly beat up Tunney?,and Dempsy watching you ringside say you are fastest boxer he ever seen ,you must be up There (Dempsy Saw Benny leonard in the ring), also namess like Tommy Gibbons and Micheal Gibbons on resume are no joke ,Tommy was elusive master who took Dempsy to distance ,loads of great names.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                I like Langford as the best p4p fighter all time with Greb second. Both have amazing resumes but Langford did over more weight classes. Politics, orgs and money make it impossible for ANY fighter today to even come close to acheiving that kind of greatness. My opinion sides with Langford, but arguing an in depth argument against Greb is hardly worthwhile to me any more. I've argued to many trivial opinions thru the years where the arguments are based on personal bias, mine or someone elses, to rattle on for days at a time.
                Mcvey and H.Wilis made him pay for moveing up ,Langford sufferd monster KOs, idk how he wasnt seriously dameged ,one Time he fought Willis and he left a little hole in defens, Harry landed monster shot and Langford woke up in locker room and asked "when is fight starting" LMAO thats how Willis was punching ,Langford had balls doe, Dempsey wanted no part of Willis and i understand him lol such a monster.sorry it was Fred Fulton not Mcvey who stopped him.Willis made Langford Blind doe.
                Last edited by Canelo and GGG; 11-12-2016, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
                  Armstrong and SRR are up There but not so good.Britton and Langford ,idk what to think about Langford he had colored title not official ;and fought with over 60 HoF level oposition but half of this fights was with 2 fighters ,Greb beat more HoFers doe, in one year 1919 Greb fought 10 fighters with HoF status ,fighters back Then was beasts ,fought many more fights with smaller Gloves, fights was also much more brutal ,There is no excuses for modern fighters for fighting 2 times a year. also Greb had more fights of record.

Any body have some names?imo There is non.

This numbers are just from another Galaxy ,Greb almost 50 fights vs HoFers 499 rounds in ring ,more Then Floyd careere probably ,Langford 63 or something and 9 HoFers ,this grearts will never be beaten .
                  A lot of fighters from that era have received HOF status because of the historical aspect. How many of those fighters were truly great?

What are Grebs best wins and why are those wins better than genuinely great fighters we can see Robinson fight, keyword being see, or Ali for that matter who was THE best heavyweight in THE best heavyweight era.

I certainly wouldn't hold Greb's era of middleweights as the best and I'm sure most in the sport wouldnt.

None of this is to say that Greb wasn't a great fighter. He certainly sounds like he was and what other fighters had to say about him certainly adds to the aura. But we have to be careful not to blow his resume, or the likes of Langford's out of proportion because we can't watch their opponents apart from a handful, let alone watching them.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    A lot of fighters from that era have received HOF status because of the historical aspect. How many of those fighters were truly great?

What are Grebs best wins and why are those wins better than genuinely great fighters we can see Robinson fight, keyword being see, or Ali for that matter who was THE best heavyweight in THE best heavyweight era.

I certainly wouldn't hold Greb's era of middleweights as the best and I'm sure most in the sport wouldnt.

None of this is to say that Greb wasn't a great fighter. He certainly sounds like he was and what other fighters had to say about him certainly adds to the aura. But we have to be careful not to blow his resume, or the likes of Langford's out of proportion because we can't watch their opponents apart from a handful, let alone watching them.
                    im talking resume in numbers,but Tunney,Gibbon brothers or Walker are not HoFers just cuse they fought in 20s just names from top of my head.He didnt fought only in MW actualy i think he has more good wins in LHW .

Comment

Working...
                    X