No announcement yet.

Is Brook a good win for Golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Brook a good win for Golovkin?

EDIT; made this poll when the fight was announced. As of the day after the fight took place, more than 75% voted "No".

OK, let's get this out of the way. How much credit do you give Golovkin should he beat Brook?
    No, not very meaningful in terms of resume.
    75.00%
    Yes, this is the type of win he's needed on his resume.
    25.00%
    Last edited by Redd Foxx; 09-11-2016, 04:22 PM.

In terms of talent, it would be.

In terms of at 160? Not really, he's moving up 2 full divisions.

Comment

I'll give him absolutely no credit if he wins, and he'll lose everything and more if he loses.

Having said that, it should be an interesting fight due to styles/power.

Comment

I hate to say it but Alvarez still would have the better resume

Comment

Poll added.
          My initial reaction was that this is a good win. But... it's a huge weight jump, Brook has only 1 good win (against a 147lber), and we haven't seen Brook tested since his stabbing, which was pretty severe and may have affected him permanently.
          I'll honestly have to give it some more thought. The name value is decent, but I don't know that I can give him much credit for beating a 147 champ with 1 good win. Would have liked to see him fight Eubank, I would have called that a good win.
          Last edited by Redd Foxx; 07-08-2016, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
            In terms of talent, it would be.

In terms of at 160? Not really, he's moving up 2 full divisions.
            Right. I give him little to no credit for a win against Brook at 160. Good name, sure but the man is a WW, not a MW.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
              I'll give him absolutely no credit if he wins, and he'll lose everything and more if he loses.

Having said that, it should be an interesting fight due to styles/power.
              Yea, it's stylistically intriguing. Kell is fairly clever and isn't going to play into his game like most others do. This is a much bigger guy than Brook is used to though and that tends to cause gameplans to fall apart, as does getting hit with real power.

And, yes, if Golovkin loses this... Yikes. That aura would be crushed for sure. I think he could still pull decent numbers as an entertaining fighter but he's not going to be given the same treatment he's been afforded.
              Last edited by Redd Foxx; 07-08-2016, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                Yea, it's stylistically intriguing. Kell is fairly clever and isn't going to play into his game like most others do. This is a much bigger guy than he's used to though and that tends to cause gameplans to fall apart, as does getting hit with real power.

And, yes, if Golovkin loses this... Yikes. That aura would be crushed for sure. I think he could still pull decent numbers as an entertaining fighter but he's not going to be given the same treatment he's been afforded.
                It's not really about who's better here.

Golovkin walks down huge guys like Lemieux, Kell will have a very difficult time keeping him off despite his skill set.

Comment

Look at it this way. Brook is better than monroe and wade and isnt exactly a small welterweight. Hes actually looks like a 154 pounder. I still think hes getting destroyed though.

Comment

Fuck and no. It's a shameful fight. He's a better calibre of fighter than anyone he's faced, but he's two divisions smaller ffs.

Comment

Working...
                    X