Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many fighters have held belts in two weight classes simultaneously?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
    Tell me who is the consensus #1 at 154 to fight Floyd.
    Erislandy Lara. That guy is all wrong for Floyd. Younger,taller,longer reach,southpaw,fast hands,quick feet,amazing accuracy,and Cuban school of boxing. Doesn't he hold the regular version of Floyd's belt?

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
      Lol so you think it's fine to defend a 154 belt in a welterweight fight?
      Yeah Why not. Put everything you have on the line. May the best man win. Winner takes all. Floyd got criticism for not putting it up in Maidana I. He did put it on the line in Maidana II

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
        As of right now the only fighter I'm aware to hold belts in two divisions or more simultaneously is 147/154 Champion Floyd Mayweather.

I'm also aware of:

Henry Armstrong (Featherweight, Lightweight, Welterweight)
        Little Dado (Flyweight, Bantamweight)
        Ray Leonard (newly made Super Middleweight, Light Heavyweight)
        better question....

Has there ever been a boxer, that has held unified titles in two different divisions AT THE SAME TIME?

Comment

Didnt Ray Leonard hold different weight class belts at the same time aswell?

Comment

Originally posted by mann187 View Post
            Didnt Ray Leonard hold different weight class belts at the same time aswell?

He held the 147 and 154 belts at the same time for a brief period, until the WBA forced to him to choose between the two after the Hearns fight (sanctioning bodies didn't allow you to hold more than one belt back then.)
            Last edited by Ham Porter; 03-06-2015, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X