Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dwyer is not a racist imo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no issue with Dwyer at all. He only says it like he sees it.

He does favor stylistic defensive fighting over aggressive fighting, but he even has exceptions to that rule depending on the fighter.

He is often wrong, but that is OK, so is everyone else. I do like how he digs into little things, like on how he was sure Eddie Chambers was going to lose his last fight mainly because he said Eddie at Cruiser, will lose the one big advantage he had fighting heavies, his "fast" moniker will no longer exist.. He turned out 100% correct on that one.

Here is a guy tho firmly believes that Tyson Fury is going to be a great fighter and future champ, so he is not racist in the least. He just says it like he sees it. Right or Wrong he is just giving his opinion and I have respect for his picks even if I do not always agree with them.

Comment

I don't know who Dwyer is but every white person in America is racist. Whether they're actually racist or not isn't relevant.

I know this from being a white immigrant to America. It comes with the territory.

But the ribs are better here so it's a fair trade off.

Comment

He thinks Bradley actually "beat" Pacquiao. Nuff said.

He also picked Haye over Wlad and Glen Johnson over Froch.

Notice the pattern?

Comment

I like his accent lol, anyway he doesn't sound racist to me but his picks can look ******ed sometime when they don't come to past, he is well spoken and actually pick based on his own knowledge, I don't like the betting thing that he does "Doe" maybe it's because am not a betting man.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
            "Um i'll pick the light punching boxer to win on points with a cover bet on the hard hitting boxer winning by stoppage".

Jesus Christ.
            Seriously. This is what he does. He talks a good game, but ultimately, when he arrives at the point, it's usually what Mr E posted above.

You have to win 4 or 5 of his suggested bets, in order to make up for the 1 you're going to lose.

I remember after the Pavlik/Hopkins fight, he said if they fought again, he'd just play Hopkins by decision and hedge it Pavlik by KO.

You read that right. Pavlik. To knock out Bernard Hopkins. In the rematch of a fight where he barely put a glove on Hopkins.

Anyway, Dwyer is a very, very intelligent guy. And he talks a very, very good game. That's why he's been able to get people to actually pay for a book where he tells you to "eliminate unlikely outcomes and hedge your bets."

Comment

But no, I don't think he's racist.

Comment

Just like any fan who is really into the sport he knows what he is watching, sometimes makes good picks based on sound reason, sometimes lets his personal fandom get in the way, sometimes makes correct predictions sometimes not.

Comment

You'd have to be racist to think Dwyer was racist lol. This guy has been saying for years that Vitali is the best heavyweight on the planet (he's not but still) and he's a big Froch fan and likes Tyson Fury A LOT and even picks him over Haye. Ridiculous. Pirog is another one he rates big time or did. Wouldn't make any sense at all. He also thought Chagaev was one of the better POUND FOR POUND guys in the sport once and that Valuev (I'm totally serious) had one of the best jabs in the sport. Again I'm not kidding about any of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                    He thinks Bradley actually "beat" Pacquiao. Nuff said.

He also picked Haye over Wlad and Glen Johnson over Froch.

Notice the pattern?
                    And he also picked Paulie over Broner so whats your point?

Comment

Nobody is truly racist but all men by nature are territorial and ethnocentric.

Comment

Working...
                      X