No announcement yet.

Foul-mouthed yob hunted by police after racist train rant

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foul-mouthed yob hunted by police after racist train rant

A MAN who launched a tirade of “grotesque racist insults” at a black train passenger is being investigated by police.

The drunken yob calls the other man a “monkey” and a “gorilla”, and threatens to take his eye out with a beer bottle.

Other passengers try to placate the man and urge him repeatedly to sit down and be quiet in mobile phone footage uploaded to YouTube.

Brandishing a bottle, the man tells a passenger: “See that, I will shove that in your fucking eyes.”

He adds: “I don’t like being rudely awaken by a mongrel.”

Other passengers say in fact he had fallen asleep on the victim of his rant.

The man, who speaks with a strong Irish accent, goes on to say he is not racist during the two minute, 46 second footage.

Train operator Southern said staff booted the drunk man off the London to Brighton service after a complaint.

He was cautioned for fare evasion and his details were taken but the alleged victim did not want to pursue the matter.

However, British Transport Police appealed for more information after seeing the video.

A spokesman said: “BTP officers are aware of the YouTube video, which was uploaded on May 26 and was recently brought to our attention by concerned members of the public.

“Everyone has the right to travel without fear of abuse or threatening behaviour and BTP takes this type of offence extremely seriously.”

Transport minister Norman Baker, MP for Lewes, told the BBC: “I’ve seen the clip on YouTube and quite frankly I’m appalled that this could happen.

"People are entitled to ride on the railway without fear of intimidation and grotesque racist insults that we’ve seen from this individual.”

In the clip, the man wears tracksuit bottoms, trainers and a hi-visibility jacket with the logo of internet firm NTL - which became Virgin Media in 2007.

A spokesman for Virgin Media said: “The NTL name hasn’t existed for six years and the jacket in the video bears no resemblance to the uniform of our engineers. We do not believe this person has any connection with us."

It's an Ex-Limey Lounge Poster.

Comment

Proper laughed when he said ''I'm not racist'' haha fu.cking idiot!

But in other news that Russian woman looked a bit of the alright.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post

didnt have to watch the vid because the article is already there to be read.

but the underlined made me..

Comment

Does anybody really give that much of **** about what a dim witted and probably drunk middle aged geezer who was sleeping on the train says in an incoherent rant? People are just a little bit too sensitive sometimes. Not being a racist apologist, the guy is clearly a moron.
          Last edited by Golden; 06-07-2013, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post

:wank::wank:

Comment

Originally posted by Golden View Post
              Does anybody really give that much of **** about what a dim witted and probably drunk middle aged geezer who was sleeping on the train says in an incoherent rant? People are just a little bit too sensitive sometimes. Not being a racist apologist, the guy is clearly a moron.
              Are you serious?

Who wants to be threatened with a bottle and called all sorts of racist slurs just for riding the train? Nobody cares what he thinks, that doesnt mean you want to sit there and listen to him.

Like the other man the article quoted said people shouldnt have to take that ****. You cant just attack people like that at random, that hes an idiot isnt cause for letting him get away with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden View Post
                In Canada racism is not in and of itself a criminal matter. You can say racist stuff all you want. Problem is if you make a threat for example, you know like maybe threaten to use a beer bottle to "shove... in your ****ing eyes" then it becomes an aggravating factor and dramatically increases the severity of the crime. What an absolute dillweed.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                  In Canada racism is not in and of itself a criminal matter. You can say racist stuff all you want. Problem is if you make a threat for example, you know like maybe threaten to use a beer bottle to "shove... in your ****ing eyes" then it becomes an aggravating factor and dramatically increases the severity of the crime. What an absolute dillweed.
                  Good point Squiggy.

Comment

I think that the British police do too much investigation with regards to racist statements. I agree that racially (and other) aggravated crimes should attract harsher punishments but John Terry being pursued through the courts was a pathetic waste of resources.

Comment

Working...
                    X