Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto-Trout Will Be On PPV In Puerto Rico

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Already blast him on twitter. Most likely he doesn't have any say on this but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
      I dont think the income it is important here. People get together and they arrange paying for it by asking everyone $5 or something like that. If it is free there it should be free here. Who is advising him on this? If it is fatboy Bryan he is a dumba$$. Not many people here knows that fight is on PPV. This is going to be bad business for them.
      I understand that, but I think my point still stands. People get together everywhere and chip in to watch these fights. $5 to a PR who makes $20,000-30,000 a year has more value than $5 for a Chicagoan who is clearing $50,000 a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Fistic View Post
        In order to get showtime and ppv you need a basic cable/dish subscription. It's cheaper to just add the showtime package over the weekend and then cancel it soon afterwards. It has been done before.

Personally I don't have a problem with this being a ppv fight, but if this is strictly for people in PR then I do have a problem with that considering the average median income there, compared to other places where the fight will be available for much cheaper, it is a slap in the face IME.
        My problem is because of the bold comment above

Comment

Originally posted by Fistic View Post
          I understand that, but I think my point still stands. People get together everywhere and chip in to watch these fights. $5 to a PR who makes $20,000-30,000 a year has more value than $5 for a Chicagoan who is clearing $50,000 a year.
          Not really. People here spend money like crazy. Consumerism here is so bad. We dont look at it the same way so the impact it is the same or it is not important. BTW, no federal taxes, low state taxes, no property tax and plenty of people here live in houses with no mortgage so it is not the same. Culturally here is strange compare to over there.

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
            Already blast him on twitter. Most likely he doesn't have any say on this but who knows.
            Mierda es. Ese cabron sabe muy bien que el revenue aqui de ese PPV se lo va llevar todos. Aunque venda 20K se busca un par de pesos mas.

Comment

thought the fight was on PPV in general. Doesnt matter cause Im going there, but only PPV in PR and not for the rest of the country? I guess cotto wants that PR money!

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                What makes you think Gomez or Trinidad would refuse? They didnt have the chance to promote their own fight and for all we know it was a defision made by Showtime.
                Well, I try to be objective and comment on their actions. Maybe Gómez is not the best example because he was a superstar back when when big time boxing was on national television. However, Trinidad did fight on regular HBO and Showtime, even after the DLH fight. He was a bonafide superstar in his prime, yet he fought David Reid on regular Showtime and Thiam on regular HBO. To each his own, I guess.

Comment

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck! This **** ****ed my day.

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
                    Not really. People here spend money like crazy. Consumerism here is so bad. We dont look at it the same way so the impact it is the same or it is not important. BTW, no federal taxes, low state taxes, no property tax and plenty of people here live in houses with no mortgage so it is not the same. Culturally here is strange compare to over there.
                    I agree that people over don't seem to care. I here about how bad the economy is, but what they seem to need are more parking spots at the shopping malls which are always packed. But the same can be said for people stateside. Consumerism is bad in most places in the United States. Consumerism is such a huge part of "American" culture. It is the freedom to consume that drives us, regardless if is in our best interest. Just like the chubby PR kids at the Dorado krispy kreme consume donuts.

Many states have different tax systems. Take sales tax for example: Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, Oregon don't have it or have real low rates. Hawaii is at 4%. Take income tax. Don't these states not have income tax: Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington, Wyoming. People in these states have a higher median income than PR. Should these states pay for ppv as well? All that said, all states will find a way to make revenue just like PR despite what taxing, welfare, or incentive programs they have.

Comment

This is why I hate the business side of this sport. The more money they make, the more they want. They can care less about the fan base, instead, they take advantage of it. Maybe there should be a refund clause getting our money back if Cotto chooses to back pedal like he did with Pacquiao or take a knee again. Yes I said it. Been a Cotto fan from his amateur days so can care less if anybody agrees or disagrees and think he should've never agreed to this.

Comment

Working...
                      X