No announcement yet.

Sorry but Khan's chin isn't as bad as you're all making out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Tell that to Willie Limmond, Rachid Drizlane, Michael Gomez, Breidis Prescott and Danny Garcia, who combined knocked him down a total of 8 times.
    yup, khan's chin is glass. it would seem it has gotten better but not really, khan just learned to avoid risks. It seems when ever khan takes risks he gets rocked badly.

Comment

8 knock downs in 29 fights. That's just too much.

If we were talking about some Gamboa style knock downs he suffered, in which Gamboa was never hurt, just off balance; Then we could say "Well his chin is not as bad as people say". But that is not the case, Amir Khan goes down and he goes down hard and gets hurt badly. His punch resistance isn't as bad as people think it is, it's even worst than people think it is. Garcia, Drizlane[ 1 KO in his whole career], and Limmond[9 KOs in 35 wins].

And Prescott as big a puncher as he is has only scored 2 more stoppages in 10 fights after Khan, with both stoppages coming against journeymen.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        It's bad but his poor defense makes things worse.

this. khan's chin is certainly not good, especially for a top boxer.

he doesnt' really defend. he relies on hand and footspeed and his reach to keep him out of trouble. when he's on the way in he's throwing and open, and then he books it out of there.

Comment

He has a bad chin, not the worse ever but still below average at top level. That, combined with his piss poor defense is a recipe for disaster.

Comment

Hell I'm just going to say it, and khans a good kid so I really don't want to insult him this bad but I have to speak the truth....

Khans chin is almost as bad as Roy Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
              How many punches did Garcia need to change the fight?

One.
              I thought that was why we love boxing? One punch can change it all, no matter who you are or who you're fighting. (almost)

Comment

Yes, yes it is.

Comment

Alright I admit I was wrong and I take this thread back- Khan's chin is extremely worrying.

Khan did withstand bombs when hurt against Garcia. But I massively underestimated how much Garcia, with the cumulative damage of Peterson and Maidana, cracked Khan's chin.

Comment

Working...
                  X