No announcement yet.

Defensive Boxing Is Useless In Real Life

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defensive Boxing Is Useless In Real Life

Let's be honest, we all watch boxing for the close assimilation of real life combat.

now that MMA is more popular because it is that much closer to real life combat than boxing.

When you have defensive people who shoulder roll and get on their backfoot pedalling......... that **** just will NOT WORK in real life.

First of all, you got clothes on. Unless you're fighting on daytona beach. I got into it last night in Memphis Tennesee(visiting a hospital client). This dude was dipping and diving right off the bat like sweatpea. I throw one punch he dips back and I run up grab his shirt before he can swerve again. Dude looked mind****ed, he got held in place for me to unload a plethora of knuckle sandwiches.

Within 15 seconds, sweatpea wannabe is twitching on the ground cerebral palsy style.

LOL @ defensive boxing on the street. that is all.

Last time I checked this site was Boxing Scene not Real Life Scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
      Let's be honest, we all watch boxing for the close assimilation of real life combat.

now that MMA is more popular because it is that much closer to real life combat than boxing.

When you have defensive people who shoulder roll and get on their backfoot pedalling......... that **** just will NOT WORK in real life.

First of all, you got clothes on. Unless you're fighting on daytona beach. I got into it last night in Memphis Tennesee(visiting a hospital client). This dude was dipping and diving right off the bat like sweatpea. I throw one punch he dips back and I run up grab his shirt before he can swerve again. Dude looked mind****ed, he got held in place for me to unload a plethora of knuckle sandwiches.

Within 15 seconds, sweatpea wannabe is twitching on the ground cerebral palsy style.

If you learn the art of sidestepping a take down its effective. If you know how to move side to side its good, just not backpedalling backwards.

Also, a good jab is very effective in a street fight. You just have to hold your composure to use it, and fight smart.

Comment

If you think that boxing isn't effective in "real life" fighting your completely wrong. Maybe you haven't fought a real boxer in your life.

Defense in boxing is much more than blocking, catching, slipping or bobbing. It starts with your feet. An experienced boxer can get in and out of distance and land a shot that would end the fight with one punch.

Boxing is much more than just blocking shots or shoulder rolls......lol

Good luck tackling a guy with world class boxing skills. He will hit you 12 times before you knew what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
          Last time I checked this site was Boxing Scene not Real Life Scene.
          Quoted for truth!

Comment

Originally posted by Rassclot View Post

Nah man, it didn't go down like that.

I was at the hospital visiting my cousin. Next thing I know, you cut in front of me for no reason. I politely asked you to go to the back of the line and that's when you told me to f myself. That's when I politely threw one punch and laid you down like some green pastures.

Comment

Depends on what and how you define being a "defensive" fighter. Many "offensive" (aggressive) fighter can be called "defensive" fighters also for the fear of being tagged, hit or KOed and thus they hit before they get hit.

On the other hand, if you meant purely defensive literally, it entirely depends also. Being "defensive" as in:

• waiting for your opponent's attack first
              • waiting for the right technicalities (distance, angle, leverage)
              • waiting for the right situation (ramifications, work place, environment, and unique situations)

it can be really smart also. With your statement, I can safely say you're an "aggressive" person in the light of wanting HIT FIRST BEFORE YOU GET HIT.

Like anything in life, there's a place for everything. The right tools for the situation at the right time is often if not always the best answer.

Comment

MMA or pressure boxing wont work in street either last night this Mother****er was trying to be Pac/Hatton like rushing in head 1st so I reached for my glock23 next thing you know this dude is twitching on the ground epileptic style.

Comment

I've never been rolling around with another guy in nothing but my thong before.

And obviously Sweetpea style boxing won't work in a street fight, but that's probably because it's a street fight and not boxing where you have to follow a set of rules and you know, box.

Comment

If there's a bridge near you,please feel free to take a swan dive off of it.

Comment

Working...
                    X