Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do People Act Like Martinez Win Over Dzinziruk Was A Big Deal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Martinez winning is impressive. Everybody thought he would win. What I found impressive was how he won. I was expecting a Clottey vs Pacquiao repeat. Just like Pacquioa, Martinez was supposed to dominate (at the most) this defensive fighter, but the fight would still be boring and uneventful. Martinez somehow ended up putting one of his most impressive performances in his career against an opponent that was supposed suck up all the momentum he built up in the last 2 years though. That makes it a great win.
    Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 03-16-2011, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
      same reason cotto fans act like the foreman win was a big deal
      cotto moved up to 154 though. segio fought a guy who moved up to his weight class. its a lil different.

Comment

same reason cotto fans act like the foreman win was a big deal
        Cotto was coming up in weight facing an undefeated Foreman coming of a win over Daniel Santos and still people didnt suck Cotto nuts like they are sucking Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          foreman doesn't beat santos?
          LOL damn you beat me to it. Apparently some people forgot about what Foreman did to Santos on the undercard of Pacquiao-Cotto.

And for the TS: If Dzinziruk is like Yuri Foreman, then he did a much better job than Cotto did. And that's saying something, because Cotto is a great fighter. Every fighter has their cockriders. Nobody's acting like he's this god though. He gets just as much praise as the other top guys, possibly less. It's not completely crazy to think he should be p4p #1. Do I believe he should be? No. But it's not out of the question.
          Last edited by BoxerDood; 03-16-2011, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
            I love the quick overreactions of "Gotcha's" on internet messageboards. Never gets old...
            your whole point was that foreman is not as good as dinziruk because foreman couldn't beat santos but he dominated him and knocked him down twice. santos was a junior middleweight champ when foreman fought him so obviously he didn't suck too bad.
            Daggum just KO Kevin Malone!

Comment

first off...its more how he did it than the win on its own.

second off...If Martinez beat Cotto, this forum would be going crazy. fact is, Dzinziruk is more accomplished than Cotto at 154lbs. its just he doesnt have as much of a name value.

I think a big problem everyone is having is that the fight happened at 160. If Martinez had beaten Dzin at 154lbs, then I think that people would be giving him much more respect.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                Cotto was coming up in weight facing an undefeated Foreman coming of a win over Daniel Santos and still people didnt suck Cotto nuts like they are sucking Martinez.
                martinez's wins lately>>cottos wins..hes earned it man..hes earned it..now he wants cotto...

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                  forman had 1 damn good leg and looks like ****.....sergiy is 10 times the fighter foreman is and ever will be

Comment

foreman doesn't beat santos?
                    I think he meant the prime version of Santos that Dzinziruk beat.

Comment

martinez's wins lately>>cottos wins..hes earned it man..hes earned it..now he wants cotto...
                      thats a different arguement though. cotto moving up in weight and fighting foreman is not the same as martinez fighting a guy who moved up in weight to fight him.

Comment

Working...
                      X