No announcement yet.

Sergio has a better jab than Dzinziruk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sergio has a better jab than Dzinziruk

I wasn't expecting that at all since people were hyping the Ukrainian as having one of the top 3 jabs in boxing. Martinez is impressing me more and more every time I see him.

I never pictured that jab being devistating against top comp. It will appeaar that way against statues and straight brawlers.

Comment

Gabriel Sarmiento probably deserves to get more credit for being a good trainer. The fight plans he has come up with have worked to perfection in Martinez' last 3 bouts.

Comment

I don't really know how to put this...

Obviously, Martinez outjabbed Dzinziruk last night... quite clearly.

I think it was Martinez's defense vs. Dzinziruk's defense that kind of set the difference in the way the jabs were landing.

Martinez has one hell of a jab, and it will be effective against everyone in my opinion, but I do think most fighters would have more trouble with Dzinziruk's jab with Martinez's.

I think it would be quite interesting to see Martinez fight the same type of fight against Felix Sturm... Sturm has a jab that I considered to be on par or just a little worse than Dzinziruk's.

Comment

As the commentators mentioned, Sergio was a step ahead all night with his jab. Not to mention that he was landing 2 or 3 at a time almost at will.

Comment

yea martinez has a great jab

Comment

yeah man....sergio's jab is the best right now imo.....fast, crisp and well timed....

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                yeah man....sergio's jab is the best right now imo.....fast, crisp and well timed....
                Not even close... I don't think anyone will ever eclipse the jab of Wladimir Klitschko as long as he is still fighting.

Comment

Well, the difference is that Martinez is proving his jab against a far better quality of opposition then that which exists at heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
                    Not even close... I don't think anyone will ever eclipse the jab of Wladimir Klitschko as long as he is still fighting.
                    Wlad's jab is like a power punch from most other HW's.

Comment

Working...
                    X