Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who did better against Dirrell: Froch or Abraham?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who did better against Dirrell: Froch or Abraham?

Dirrell took both to the cleaners but which fighter was more competitive.

p.s. I won £296 betting on my man Dirrell.

Obviously Froch did and I think he lost too.

Dirrell owned Abraham and after about halfway through the first round I knew he was going to.

Comment

Froch did. However had the fight been in Detroit the hometown ref wouldn't have thought twice about DQ'ing Froch aswell.

Comment

Froch should have been an easier fight for Dirrell but it was a huge step up in competition for the young Dirrell and he looked like a star struck deer for the first 2/3 of the fight.

I think the young fighter learned a lot in the Frach fight and was a better fighter against Abraham.

I think Abraham is a much better fighter than Froch. It's just that Abraham fought a better and more mentally prepared Dirrell than Froch did.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcyani View Post
          Dirrell took both to the cleaners but which fighter was more competitive.

p.s. I won £296 betting on my man Dirrell.
          abraham floored dirrell twice and made him cry as well...

Comment

Tougher question than it looks on paper. Abraham, though with no chance of winning a decision at the time of the DQ, had much more success landing big punches. Froch was obviously more competitive as far as winning the fight, since he did win the fight, but he didn't do half of what Abraham did to Dirrell, he just took advantage of a much worse fight from Dirrell.

Comment

First 9 rounds of Dirrell Froch and the 12th were close rounds. I had no problem with the SD.

Abraham would have lost a wide UD....

Comment

neither guy did well against AD....it was just a fact of him learning from 1 fight to the next. against AA, he never let up, and kept throwing punches throughout the fight, even when AA would land a nice shot, AD fired right back.

IMO, a second fight with froch, would be just as decisive as the fight was last night.

Comment

Originally posted by TYREL View Post
                  neither guy did well against AD....it was just a fact of him learning from 1 fight to the next. against AA, he never let up, and kept throwing punches throughout the fight, even when AA would land a nice shot, AD fired right back.

IMO, a second fight with froch, would be just as decisive as the fight was last night.
                  I 100% agree with the bold. The Dirrell we saw last night would pitch a 12 round shutout against Froch and may even stop Froch.

Comment

despite froch getting outboxed somewhat as bad as arthur, froch was looking fresh as oppossed to arthur being battered, bruised and bleeding

Comment

Working...
                    X