No announcement yet.

You know what bothers me about some people

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know what bothers me about some people

They will talk to you and sound perfectly normal, no accent nothing. Then they say a mexican name or word like Julio Cesar Chavez or Tijuana and they feel the need to lay on the heaviest accent possible just for that one word. Like it's some kind of horrible crime if you don't sound mexican when you say it. You either have a heavy accent or you don't. Don't be switching up in the middle of conversation.. Does anybody have any idea what i'm talking about?? Street bully does it hehehehe. I'm not racist though it bothers me just as much when people pronounce Marquez - Mar-kwez. burner! i've been listening to the show religiously since i found out about it

Originally posted by Talon View Post
    They will talk to you and sound perfectly normal, no accent nothing. Then they say a mexican name or word like Julio Cesar Chavez or Tijuana and they feel the need to lay on the heaviest accent possible just for that one word. Like it's some kind of horrible crime if you don't sound mexican when you say it. You either have a heavy accent or you don't. Don't be switching up in the middle of conversation.. Does anybody have any idea what i'm talking about?? Street bully does it hehehehe. I'm not racist though it bothers me just as much when people pronounce Marquez - Mar-kwez. burner! i've been listening to the show religiously since i found out about it
    you dont pronounce it "mar-qwez" by the way. it's "mar-kez"

i do that when i say spanish words/names (when speaking english) not to the extreme but im not going to pronounce the word/name like a gringo either

Comment

Doesn't really grind my gears, but I know what you are talking about.

Comment

who cares.. i still pronounce hamburger as ham boor jer

Comment

When I was learning Spanish I decided to not bother and speak it with a flat American accent because I am not Hispanic and its not like they try and phase out their accents when learning English as a 2nd language.

Comment

Haha in highschool I know some mexican fool who was always afraid to talk to girls his name was Ramiro. During class time a girl randomly says "Hello Ramiro", he speaks and say "Heeeeelloooooooooooo" with the most funniest accent ever.

Comment

Originally posted by riz!...oh? View Post
              you dont pronounce it "mar-qwez" by the way. it's "mar-kez"
              yeah i know thats why it bothers me

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                When I was learning Spanish I decided to not bother and speak it with a flat American accent because I am not Hispanic and its not like they try and phase out their accents when learning English as a 2nd language.
                great way to get back at dem messicans, ey?

Comment

Originally posted by Talon View Post
                  yeah i know thats why it bothers me
                  are you white?

Comment

Originally posted by riz!...oh? View Post
                    great way to get back at dem messicans, ey?
                    I live in the north east and its mostly ricans up here.

Comment

Working...
                    X