No announcement yet.

Difference bet Floyd and Ronda is....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by led View Post
    If Ronda has Floyd's heart she would fight a lesser-caliber fighter.
    Nah, you are just saying this stuff because you hate Mayweather, and have a hard on for Rousey. There is no real truth to any of what you are saying. Holm had had 9 previous MMA fights, against pretty low level opposition, and wasn't even regarded by many people as a serious threat. Yes she was a top level boxer and had had 3 kickboxing fights (going 2-1, and the kick that finished it was set-up by punches; Holm barely threw any kicks in the fight. She is a boxer first and foremost, not a top level kickboxer by any means).

Oh, but Rousey thought she could beat Floyd, doe.

In fact, if she had wanted to fight the best, she would have fought Cyborg, a fight she has shown nothing but disinterest in.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
      You don't understand why Ronda lost, do you?

While Holm's skill was a big factor, the reality is, Ronda lost because she couldn't keep her head on.

Holm got in her head, from the "punch" at the faceoff all the way through the fight and the movement. Rousey taking shots and combinations threw her off and she couldn't get her head unrattled. Then her corner doing the opposite of Tim Lane, letting her stay with a faulty go-forward-chin-out strategy and her not questioning it. She's never been able to properly strike or stop strikes. Never tested until now.

If you want an analogy, Holm did to Rousey what Barrera did to Hamed.
      This what I said in a previous thread:

Holly fought to her strengths and handled the pressure like a champ.

Rousey fought a HORRIBLE fight with what looked like no game plan other than to rush in with chin exposed in a straight line. What amazed me was RR's corner after the first round what they said to her. I expected them to give her hell for being too aggressive and careless. Thought they would tell her to calm down and stop chasing - RR needed make the fight slower to catch her breath and make Holly come forward and then look for clinches and takedowns. But no. The corner praised Rhonda and asked for more. In all my years of watching combat sports it's the single worst corner advice I've ever heard. Obviously looks like round one was actually their game plan. They wanted RR to rush in toward a world champion counter striker boxer. Incredible.

I take nothing away from Holly - she fought an amazing fight and it's good for MMA. But RR fought like a complete amateur while forgetting her strengths and the scary part is that it appears that was the gameplan. Wow.

Comment

Working...
      X