No announcement yet.

Cotto-Trout Will Be On PPV In Puerto Rico

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto-Trout Will Be On PPV In Puerto Rico

For all my fellow Ricans living on the island the fight will be on PPV. So don't tune in to showtime on Dec 1 because it will be blacked out.

http://www.dishpuertorico.com/payper...s/default.aspx

Vey smart move by Cotto. thats like 80K guranteed at 50$ and 60% all for himself.

Comment

PR = America so why is it on PPV over there.

Comment

Originally posted by #thirsty View Post
        PR = America so why is it on PPV over there.
        Well we are not a state but I guess it was done to get some PPV money. 80k + 50$ = 4 million dollars. All that money goes to Cotto + a % of the ticket sales and what Showtime is paying him. At the end Cotto will end up with over 8-10 million thanks to promoting the fight himself with his company. Not bad money for fighting Austin Trout.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
          Well we are not a state but I guess it was done to get some PPV money. 80k + 50$ = 4 million dollars. All that money goes to Cotto + a % of the ticket sales and what Showtime is paying him. At the end Cotto will end up with over 8-10 million thanks to promoting the fight himself with his company. Not bad money for fighting Austin Trout.
          not sure your figures are correct but not bad at all. Good for him.

Comment

Talk about milking a fanatical fan base. Good job Cotto. Milk them for fighting a regular guy.

Comment

Well played Miguel.

Comment

I don't know whose idea it was but I don't like it. I don't order PPV's but, if I did, I would not want to pay for something that everyone else would get on regular Showtime. Add to that the fact that Trout is not a well known name and this means that ppv numbers will not be too good in Puerto Rico.

Comment

puerto rico should have became a state a long time ago, problem is the majority of their people live below the poverty line and republicans will be dammed if they let another democratic state join the union.....

if for some strange reason oil where to be discover their tonight, we would have a 51st state by tomorrow morning

Comment

Cotto is all business.

Comment

Working...
                    X