Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo-Kovalev Deal in Place Should Kovalev Win, Says Manager

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
    Punk you always hoping Canelo's opponents win but Canelo keeps proving your biitch ass wrong!
    You hating, worthless piece of shet! 😆🤣🖕🖕🖕
    Canelo didn't prove s*** wrong. He's proving that he's waiting to see if a 36 yr old worn down fighter will win next week so that he can take an easier route to a belt (like he did vs Liam Smith and Rocky fielding) instead of facing one of the many top young undefeated fighters at 160 and 168. You're just proving that your groupie ass will defend anything canelo does. Canelo should be fighting andrade next. There are at least 5 better options ahead of Kovalev. End of story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
      ...There are at least 5 better options ahead of Kovalev. End of story.
      What, 5 options that are more fair?? Is that what 'better' means? This is an entertaining fight that will do good #'s.

Really want to see how Kov looks next weekend. Regardless, if the fight is made I favor Canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by taste View Post
        What, 5 options that are more fair?? Is that what 'better' means? This is an entertaining fight that will do good #'s.

Really want to see how Kov looks next weekend. Regardless, if the fight is made I favor Canelo.
        at middle weight you have andrade and Charlo. Both young, both undefeated. At 168 there is callum smith, plant, benavidez, even bivol said he'd drop back to 168 for Canelo. These are all top undefeated fighters who are in their prime, aren't 3-3 in their last 6, and haven't been ko'd twice.... Like Kovalev. Not to mention Kovalev will without a doubt have to have a quick turnaround to recover from whatever happens next weekend because Canelo wants to fight within a few months. That's not easy for a 36 yr who is enduring a full training camp for a probable tough fight.
        Last edited by Jab jab boom; 08-17-2019, 06:16 AM.

Comment

• If it’s at 175, no rehydration clause... then massive props to Canelo. I don’t see any other fighter doing similar

Comment

• Who the fook came up with this fight lol. Kovalev got everything but Age on His side

Comment

• If the Kovalev fight happens it's a smart one for the diva.
              Kovalev's still a big name and a champ at 175.
              It's an acceptable replacement for a third Golovkin fight.
              It puts off a third GGG fight at least until May 2020.
              Some fans might say Kov will be a few months shy of 37 if they fight in Dec.
              Also that he's looked vulnerable for a while now.
              Also that the Russian might be the weakest champ at 175.
              And Golovkin fans will say the diva's ducking GGG.
              Of course some fans will say anything.

Comment

• Can Kovalev box against Canelo as he did in the Alvarez rematch? I don't think so. He will be lured into some serious counterpunching stuff and probably get knocked out between 6th and 9th.

If he gets past Yarde, I mean.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                  I hope Yarde wins and fks up these plans. Too much YOUNG talent at 160 and 168 for Canelo to be waiting around for this worn down 36 yr old.
                  Canelo is not the obstacle to fights with Andrade and Charlo. He gets paid the same no matter who he fights. The biggest stumbling block is DAZN. It is only in the last few weeks that they approved Andrade, one of their own. The likelihood that DAZN approved Charlo at this point approaches zero.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rigpig View Post
                    So Clenelo couldn’t make the 5lb jump in weight from 155 to 160 for years now all of a sudden he’s ready to jump 15lbs. ��
                    ...and the problem is?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      Yea same. I'd rather see Canelo focus on 160. Thats where the most interesting fights are. I ain't no GGG hater & would dig seeing a 3rd fight. I think Mall vs Canelo is a good fight. And I think Andrade is trash, but he gots a belt so yea throw him in line to. And I think Canelo vs BJS might be boring to a lot of fans, but I think that would be more competitive than most think.

And I'd love to see Canelo vs Benavidez when Canelo gets through all those guys at 160 in a couple years at 168. I don't envision Canelo seriously ever competing at 175. I think thats too big & this is just a vanity title he's looking to collect vs Kovalev.
                      You are right 175 is not the best weight for Canelo. He would be an absolute demon in that division if he were 4 inches taller and had another4 inches in reach, but I also wish it would rain beer on Saturdays.

Comment

Working...
                      X