Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Fury Wilder fight wasn't a robbery. Fury had his chance to win...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zmerai Khan View Post
    When you win no less than 3/4 the rounds and your gassed-out opponent suffers no worse than a draw, it's a clear robbery.

Wilder knew that he'd have the judges on his side. This shytt was fixed. Good on him: he landed big punches; he didn't gas out early; He didn't succumb to Fury's offense even though he was down on the cards and had nothing else to give.

But a personal victory doesn't warrant a favorable judge's decision. And when the math is so much against you, there's really nothing to say except, "i'll see you in the rematch".
    When are you alts going to post under your real accounts? It's just a fight lmao. You didn't believe in Fury alt. Keep it G lmao...

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      Tyson Fury and his cornerman should be blaming themselves. Fury was boxing beautifully, was landing crisp jabs and combinations and was getting to Wilder. However, there were many occasions in the fight where Fury seemed to let off the gas pedal or disengage after landing some awesome combinations.

Fury should have been upping the tempo and pressing the fight and trying to put some hurt on Deontay. Wilder was flat, easy to hit and low energy and Fury should have capitalized more on that.

I think the KO was there for taking but Fury just didn't want it bad enough.
      Yeah, it felt that way. But this was his first REAL fight back after a long layoff. Imagine: Ali had a far less damaging layoff than Fury and had warm-up fights with Bonavena and Quary before losing a firefight with Frazier. What Fury did last night was far more incredible... in part because he played it safe.

Remember, i'm the guy who said Fury would KO Wilder.... and he still might!

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
        When are you alts going to post under your real accounts? It's just a fight lmao. You didn't believe in Fury alt. Keep it G lmao...
        I'm an Alt? How's that?

Figures a Wilder fan can't do math... i'm actually shocked you can type. At least my tax dollars aren't COMPLETELY wasted on headstart and rehab clinics.

Comment

When you win no less than 3/4 the rounds and your gassed-out opponent suffers no worse than a draw, it's a clear robbery.

Wilder knew that he'd have the judges on his side. This shytt was fixed. Good on him: he landed big punches; he didn't gas out early; He didn't succumb to Fury's offense even though he was down on the cards and had nothing else to give.

But a personal victory doesn't warrant a favorable judge's decision. And when the math is so much against you, there's really nothing to say except, "i'll see you in the rematch".
          winning 3/4 of the fight would be an 8-4 scorecard. With the 2 knockdowns would be a 114-112 score. Add in that there was at least another swing round and that's a 113-113 fight. You just disagreed with yourself in your own posting. We all agree that 115-111 scorecard was bs, but a draw or fury by 2 points is very accurate. Every close fight isn't a robbery if our favorite fighters don't win.

This reminds me of Roy Jones vs Tarver I. i didn't like Jones and wanted him to lose, but the fight was even going into the 11th round and Tarver chose to take the last 2 rounds off. That wasn't a robbery. A robbery is De la Hoya vs Sturm.

Comment

What bothers me about a lot of you guys is you just won't keep it real. You truly underestimated Fury. You dissed him and are now claiming him. It was really to protect Joshua. You dissed Fury to protect Joshua's cowardice. I can pick out the loser posts and the true boxing fans posts in this thread alone. That's why I say that all you have to do is keep it G. It's just a sport. If you're wrong you're wrong. You're scared to be wrong, I'm not. I had Fury winning, I just didn't have him dominating 150 rounds to Wilder's 2 knockdowns lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post
              winning 3/4 of the fight would be an 8-4 scorecard. With the 2 knockdowns would be a 114-112 score. Add in that there was at least another swing round and that's a 113-113 fight. You just disagreed with yourself in your own posting. We all agree that 115-111 scorecard was bs, but a draw or fury by 2 points is very accurate. Every close fight isn't a robbery if our favorite fighters don't win.

This reminds me of Roy Jones vs Tarver I. i didn't like Jones and wanted him to lose, but the fight was even going into the 11th round and Tarver chose to take the last 2 rounds off. That wasn't a robbery. A robbery is De la Hoya vs Sturm.
              Very good post. I posted my scenario AND why the fight could've been scored a draw. Good post.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                Tyson Fury and his cornerman should be blaming themselves. Fury was boxing beautifully, was landing crisp jabs and combinations and was getting to Wilder. However, there were many occasions in the fight where Fury seemed to let off the gas pedal or disengage after landing some awesome combinations.

Fury should have been upping the tempo and pressing the fight and trying to put some hurt on Deontay. Wilder was flat, easy to hit and low energy and Fury should have capitalized more on that.

I think the KO was there for taking but Fury just didn't want it bad enough.
                Can it be said any better? Very good take. I felt the same way...

Comment

I'm an Alt? How's that?

Figures a Wilder fan can't do math... i'm actually shocked you can type. At least my tax dollars aren't COMPLETELY wasted on headstart and rehab clinics.
                  You don't pay taxes lmao. You have to have a job in order to do that half wit. You're in the red because you're scared to post under your real account. You real account must not get respect lol... You got in the red real quick too lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                    12 round fight. One man landed 13 more punches. The other scored two knockdowns. A draw is fair.
                    Alleluia!
                    This is amazing! Someone mark down the day!!!! I know I can't believe that I've lived to see it! This is truly a blessing.

So unbelievable! You actually submitted a post that wasn't a 5,000 word to Marciano. You didn't even mention him. I'm astounded. And it was as stupid as your posts regularly are, so I know it's authentic.

I could win a million bucks playing the lotto, and still not feel so lucky!

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post

No, bitsch, you just have terrible reading comprehension. If you knew what something as simple as "no less" means, you could've saved yourself a pointless rant.

Comment

Working...
                      X