No announcement yet.

3 Very good heavyweight fights in 18 months

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
    we’re talking real competitive Heavyweight fights not those Eurolevel bum fights

Post of the day contender

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      I think we had some better heavyweights 15 years ago and the K brothers of 15 years ago would both KO anybody fighting today in my opinion.
      I'm not sure about KO, especially when it comes to Fury but yeah Vitali I rate higher in a head to head sense. I think Wlad was a killer of smaller fighters but struggled when he came across fighters who could reach his chin on a regular basis.

The Klitschko brothers also had poor competition. Lewis aside, during their era they didn't face fighters who had the size and talent on the level of Fury, Wilder, and Joshua. Haye and Povetkin are probably the only two on the talent plane of those guys, both smaller heavies.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        Just outside of that time frame was Chisora v Whyte and within the time frame, AJ v Takam were good fights too, actually the former was exceptional. Add in the first Bellew v Haye, and it has been a bumper time for the division.

If AJ/Wilder/Fury happens and it would have been a terrific few years for the division.
        Yep very good fights also it all adds interest to the division even between the gatekeeper/contender type guys

Comment

Working...
        X