Today's NBA is so soft

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by The Tase View Post
      it takes skills to make 3s. dunking is just height.

3 > 2.
      Spudd Webb might not agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamjr91 View Post
        Controversial but, 3 point shot more impressive than Slam-Dunk
        spoken like a true brit who doesn't know jack shit about basketball. thanks for upholding that stereotype!

Comment

Originally posted by The Tase View Post
          it takes skills to make 3s. dunking is just height.

3 > 2.
          Why are we even going there???

I appreciate both , yes consistently hitting 3s is a much harder craft. And I would say that dunking is not all about height. At least not the way these vicious dunkers demonstrate. I'd say these involve some impressive athleticism and cojones , if you know what I mean.

But why compare the two at all?? Its like comparing a strike to a diving catch..

Comment

Let the knicks goon squad play these dudes , Anthony Mason and Charles Oakley. Them guys use to "body" players back in the day.

Comment

Pistons, Sixers, and Knicks teams back in the 80's and 90's had some fuggin goons.

Comment

Originally posted by MODAPHUKA View Post
                WTF?? I dont think so , but....

Make your case..
                Well the obvious answer is you get one more point making a three pointer than a dunk. The less obvious point but still fairly obvious, league average 3 point % is around 30%, dunking has got to be in the upper 90% range. I guess a Dunk looks prettier though.
                Last edited by Adamjr91; 01-17-2014, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bayarea69 View Post
                  spoken like a true brit who doesn't know jack shit about basketball. thanks for upholding that stereotype!
                  still butthurt over the Football thread I see.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamjr91 View Post
                    Well the obvious answer is you get one more point making a three pointer than a dunk. The less obvious point but still fairly obvious, league average 3 point % is around 30%, dunking has got to be in the upper 90% range.
                    also; any idiot can shoot a 3, but a lot of nba players never even attempt a dunk. guys can't usually dunk into the twilight of their careers, that's when they have to become 3 point shooters. making a 3 is more impressive on the stat sheet, but not on the highlight reel. class dismissed, limey.

Comment

I would beat Lebron IMO.

Jordan > Lebron.

Comment

Working...
                      X