To All Of Those With Big Ego''s.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To All Of Those With Big Ego''s.....

....have you ever learned to let it go

I have recently stopped trying to be so egotistical and it is doing me wonders

Yet I have always relied on my ego to get through

Anybody know what I mean?

Discuss.....

Originally posted by *TonyMontana* View Post

Discuss.....
    I fully understand where you re coming from. I have not deliberately tried this, but without trying to get deep into religion or anything, i found when i started reading positive books, bible and just having a more positive outlook on things and surrounding myself with positivism(is that a word? lol), that my ego and my guard came down with it. I felt so much happier, i drank less, stopped smoking and just felt more fresher and sharper. It was like one good thing after another was happening.
    Now am back to normal though lol. I think with this modern world we live in, we get tempted into things and things such as ego just re-appears if you fall into the temptation.

Hope i didn't go to deep here, but thought id share that with you.

Comment

Absolutely. You catch yourself acting stupid and you realize it's your ego getting the best of you.

It's easy to see that in others if you make the effort. When you see that, you realize that you aren't much different and the real effort is to detach yourself from your own ego. It's a constant internal battle, but now I'm much more self-aware and in control of my emotions.

Comment

Originally posted by Jermaine83 View Post
        I fully understand where you re coming from. I have not deliberately tried this, but without trying to get deep into religion or anything, i found when i started reading positive books, bible and just having a more positive outlook on things and surrounding myself with positivism(is that a word? lol), that my ego and my guard came down with it. I felt so much happier, i drank less, stopped smoking and just felt more fresher and sharper. It was like one good thing after another was happening.
        Now am back to normal though lol. I think with this modern world we live in, we get tempted into things and things such as ego just re-appears if you fall into the temptation.

Hope i didn't go to deep here, but thought id share that with you.
        It makes sense what your saying the word your looking for is positivity. Alot of the way we act as in ego is developed and conditioned during adolescence I won't go too much into that but you can see what happens quite simply when a child turns into a teenager before that stage a child is uninhibited non pretentious and happy with simple things and basic needs. as we get older peer pressure and supposed societal norms take over we have to think and act a certain way within strict rules through society which are subconsciously pushed into us and before long we resemble obedient worker slaves dulled down by monotony and repetitive actions ie work, bills, living in the same area tied down with debt and more responsibilities then ever before.
        And with a ego we usually display in public we lose sight of our real sense the person you are when your alone. I've read countless books on the ego and the bigger picture. Go back to basics and try to not take anyone's word as truth do research when you can. To put it in layman's terms every thought and action is conceived by the brain and for a number of years the elite ruling classes of the west have dulled us down and made us somewhat mind controlled. Most not all of us

The word government literally means
        Govern-control ment-mental. control mind its simple as that sorry for the influx of information.

Comment

I have these periodic lapses where my ego takes over, I lose sight of things, i make a string of idiotic decisions and ruin my life and relationships.

I don't know how to stop it. Maybe it's due to testosterone?

Comment

Discuss.....
            Yeah I know what you mean... On one hand life is short so it makes sense to live without restrictions.

On the other hand, if you live without restrictions, you will **** up your life and everyone close to you.

It's a damn balancing act.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
              I have these periodic lapses where my ego takes over, I lose sight of things, i make a string of idiotic decisions and ruin my life and relationships.

I don't know how to stop it. Maybe it's due to testosterone?
              I.e. getting along great with a sweet girl and the following night ur off your ass all up on some worthless broad(s)?

Nobody is better att ruining their own happiness in life than I am.

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
                I.e. getting along great with a sweet girl and the following night ur off your ass all up on some worthless broad(s)?

Nobody is better att ruining their own happiness in life than I am.
                You're preaching to the choir lol

Just don't give up man. Thats the most important thing. Gotta keep fighting to the end no matter how many times you stumble, and maybe somewhere find absolution.

Comment

Discuss.....
                  Yo. Your fight is soon. Share a vid with you sparring or working the heavy bag.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                    Yo. Your fight is soon. Share a vid with you sparring or working the heavy bag.
                    Nah the only video will be the fight

Had to rearrange it

Comment

Working...
                    X