Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Report: Lomachenko-Linares Fight Finalized for May 12 at MSG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
    STERNLY bro, it's a word, look it up!

Keep hating while I'm out in the cold of night giving hot tomato soup to peaceful eastern-European refugees.
    Haiti and other “****” countries are not eastern europe, back to school learn geography cheff.

Comment

• Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
      Exactly as I see it too. When you really think about it, it's a much tougher fight than people think.

In short, It can only be determined in the ring.
      Strangely enough, I think Loma will have an easier time with bigger fighters. Same as Pacquiao who lost to Morales the first time, but demolished Hatton and De La Hoya. Size only matters if one can use it, and it's very hard to use size against Loma. The only effective tool against Loma could be speed (think Khan - Kotelnik), but statistically chances of matching Loma's speed are going down as he goes up.

Maybe bigger fighters will find it easier to go 12 with Loma - but not Linares... If he doesn't quit, then the ref or the corner stops it.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
        I just got off the phone with GRJ. He says the Loma vs Linares fight is proof that Loma is trying to put as many weight classes as he can between them to avoid their rematch.
        What did you expect him to say? Lomachenko made me look ordinary?

Linares is a bigger, far better version of Gary Rusell Jr.

Comment

• I am glad the fight is on. Two fast skillful boxers. I pick Loma to win by KO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
            I won't believe it until they are in the ring with each other. Until then Lomaputo is a ducking coward POS
            Why are you even on this comment section? Fake boxing fans like you is what boxing does not need!

Comment

• Originally posted by observer View Post
              Strangely enough, I think Loma will have an easier time with bigger fighters. Same as Pacquiao who lost to Morales the first time, but demolished Hatton and De La Hoya. Size only matters if one can use it, and it's very hard to use size against Loma. The only effective tool against Loma could be speed (think Khan - Kotelnik), but statistically chances of matching Loma's speed are going down as he goes up.

Maybe bigger fighters will find it easier to go 12 with Loma - but not Linares... If he doesn't quit, then the ref or the corner stops it.
              Good point, a weight advantage is only an advantage if you know how to use it and Linares is not a rough, inside, grind you down guy like Salido.

Great point.

Comment

• Good fight on paper but can see it being very one sided. Linares is overrated and his style is bread.and butter for lomachenko. Wouldn't be shocked if he quit too

Comment

• Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                  Good fight on paper but can see it being very one sided. Linares is overrated and his style is bread.and butter for lomachenko. Wouldn't be shocked if he quit too
                  Couldn't agree more. I see a quit coming here.

Comment

• Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    I am glad the fight is on. Two fast skillful boxers. I pick Loma to win by KO.
                    I think Loma wins too but he isn't a KO artist. I know he knocked Martinez out in style but I don't think he knocks Linares out. I think he probably makes Linares quit by round 10 or it goes the distance with Loma UD.

Comment

• Loma all day.. Should be at least somewhat competitive for a bit

Comment

Working...
                      X