Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder only weighed 9 lbs more than a prime Joe Louis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lack of skill, lack of being taught boxings basics in the end will prove his downfall. Even in today's low skill era one can't fight at a top level and continue to win just by having a powerful right hand. But then again things as as bad as I have ever seen them in the hwt division so who knows?

Comment

Wilder's manically unorthodox, can take a punch and has one shot killing power
      Makes him extremely dangerous for anyone in history

Ortiz was over cooked as an amateur, overrated and over the hill
      Joshua should beat Parker then it's 50/50 imo

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
        Wilder's manically unorthodox, can take a punch and has one shot killing power
        Makes him extremely dangerous for anyone in history

Ortiz was over cooked as an amateur, overrated and over the hill
        Joshua should beat Parker then it's 50/50 imo
        Who do you think wins between Wilder and Joshua?

Comment

Ew are you really comparing Wilder to Joe Louis? How old are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
            Who do you think wins between Wilder and Joshua?
            Both love a partisan crowd so a lot could depend on location
            Battle of the promoters needs to be decided first, though if it were next week
            I'd favour Wilder in the US equally as much as i'd favour Joshua in the UK
            Put them both in a ring in a gym, my money's on AJ - Got same as Wilder's right in both hands

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
              Both love a partisan crowd so a lot could depend on location
              Battle of the promoters needs to be decided first, though if it were next week
              I'd favour Wilder in the US equally as much as i'd favour Joshua in the UK
              Put them both in a ring in a gym, my money's on AJ - Got same as Wilder's right in both hands
              Absolutely not.

Wilder hits harder. Ajs power comes from his combinations, good technique, and pounding away at a target until they crumble using his enormous shoulders and the leverage of being 6'6 240+ to demolish and break down his foe. It also helps hes accurate.

Wilder is the opposite: innacurate, poor technique, weighs far less, has less amateur experience, doesnt throw combinations outside a 1-2, has a lanky frame, yet he puts guys to sleep with a single one hitter quitter type of punch. Despite all these so called disadvantages he does more devastating damage in one hit then some of joshuas polished combinations.

Even if you want to argue their power is even, AJ most definitely doesnt have similar power in his left arm. AJs hook is nothing to brag about and its not like he has a devastating sonny liston like jab either. I have no idea where you got the idea joshua has an exceptionally powerful left hand.

Comment

Wilder beats 39 bums and 1 50 year old man so people say he beats Joe Louis.

Marciano beats atgs Ezzard Charles, Joe Walcott, Archie Moore, and a very past prime Joe Louis so people say he's overrated.

Wtf.

Comment

I wish there were less weight classes.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                    and he is 6 ft 7.

Louis is too small? Once again - being in shape doesn't mean you are small.

Wilder certainly looked bigger than fat boy Ortiz. hell, even Toney clocked in at 255 at one point for all the size kings.

Louis koed dudes as big as Wilder or even bigger, only weighs 9 lbs less (in his prime) yet he is too small for todays HW's lol
                    Toney is an unusual case tho.

Comment

Originally posted by GlassCityCobra View Post
                      Absolutely not.

Wilder hits harder. Ajs power comes from his combinations, good technique, and pounding away at a target until they crumble using his enormous shoulders and the leverage of being 6'6 240+ to demolish and break down his foe. It also helps hes accurate.

Wilder is the opposite: innacurate, poor technique, weighs far less, has less amateur experience, doesnt throw combinations outside a 1-2, has a lanky frame, yet he puts guys to sleep with a single one hitter quitter type of punch. Despite all these so called disadvantages he does more devastating damage in one hit then some of joshuas polished combinations.

Even if you want to argue their power is even, AJ most definitely doesnt have similar power in his left arm. AJs hook is nothing to brag about and its not like he has a devastating sonny liston like jab either. I have no idea where you got the idea joshua has an exceptionally powerful left hand.
                      Well possibly not, but I was responding to a question on a match between the two

Wilder's susceptible to a left hook and Josh often hooks off the jab to set up his combinations
                      He's been working on a left hook right uppercut combo for some time now
                      Am interested to see whether or not he uses it to any great effect against Parker

Comment

Working...
                      X