Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which fights were Floyd Mayweather's biggest challenges?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which fights were Floyd Mayweather's biggest challenges?

How many of his fights were 50/50? Was he ever the underdog? Expected to lose? Did he overcome the odds? Did he ever truly test himself in that sense?

Footnote: I've noticed lately a lot of dummies claiming Floyd was the underdog in the Diego Corrales fight. Corrales was moving up to Lightweight but things fell through so he took the Mayweather fight and had to cut a lot of weight. Chico came in weight drained, sluggish with no punch resistance. So don't try to recreate history.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Before bumnuts like Robbie Barrett derail this thread, let me say this is intended to be a serious discussion. My own belief is that the most trying contest I remember Floyd having was against Oscar De La Hoya. Personally I had Floyd winning by a few rounds but I think that's the closest he ever came to taking an L. Partly due to the bias of the boxing media and general public. The first Jose Luis Castillo fight, again I had Floyd winning a competitive contest. It's just the only straw his haters have to clutch on.

Comment

Comment

corrales & hernandez

Comment

He had none. They were a few levels below him. I thought Canelo would be his biggest challenge, but he shut him out, 12-0. It was none of the one-dimensional shit we saw in Canelo's last fight. That was painful to watch-- one backpedalling and the other moving like a robot in the first gear all night long.

Comment

Do you realize chino stayed at 130 longer then mayweather??

What fights would you have made him the underdog??

Comment

Who would you have The favorite over Mayweather?? without him having to go thru ridiculous ****?? he already went thru 5 divisions and beat p4p fighters, top champs and hall of famers... so what else did he have to do?

Comment

Originally posted by larry$ View Post
                  What fights would you have made him the underdog??
                  Fights that didn't happen? Sergio Martinez circa 2011. Early 2010 Manny Pacquiao. Any version of Gennady Golovkin. Rematching Saul Alvarez in 2017 for fight #50. Would have all been perceived as loseable fights.

Comment

Floyd had a lot of masterpieces. It must burn the haters deeply.

Comment

Working...
                    X