• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
    Mayweather/Gatti.
    Mayweather/Corrales.
    Mayweather/Augustus.
    Mayweather/N'Dou.
    Mayweather/Chavez (a personal favorite).

It's not even in the same class. Marquez was really the only "good" dance partner for Manny.
    vs gatti? are you serious? the same gatti who already went through the ringer vs ward and de la hoya? who was virtually outclassed and way past prime when floyd got him?

vs corrales was a one sided beat down for floyd against a fighter going into the fight with many personal distractions along with already having trouble making the weight considering how tall corrales was for that weight class.

augustus had like over 10 losses when floyd "struggled" with him.

chavez was a midget who was physically, athletically, and technically out of floyd's league yet whose aggressive mexican style made it a fight before floyd got him.

ndou? LMAOOO. you're right. its not even the same class. Pacquiao fought 3 mexican hall of famers all under 30 years of age while floyd was beating up past prime fighters and non hall of famers (despite getting in, gatti really isnt hall of fame, and the rest of those fighters aint getting in).

floyd was a welterweight since what 2005 yet somehow managed to duck prime margarito, prime cotto, prime paul williams, younger shane, and prime pacquiao.

when he finally fought pacquiao, an injured one armed, past prime pacquiao, floyd fought like a b*tch (called out by his own dad on video in the corner) acting like he had prime tommy hearns in front of him.

When it comes to dance partners and entertainment value, its not even close. Pacquiao takes it. Pacquiao sells the action in the ring while floyd has to manufacture a ghetto thug wanna be malcolm x image outside the ring.

Comment

• People are overusing the word "Schooling" too much. I mean, a badly cut Pacquiao that was caused by Morales charging his head like a madman, then went on to beat him by 7-5 is schooling? Did people forget how easily Pacquiao figured Morales out in the 3rd fight? And what's with this narrative that this is Morales' last hurrah? I mean, last hurrah at 28 years old

Just like barrera was "Way past his prime" when he fought Pacquiao at 2003 when he just recently turned 28 years old.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
        vs gatti? who was virtually outclassed
        I agree. However, doesn't negate that it was an entertaining fight, especially the commentary. "I don't know when I've seen such lopsided numbers". "Right lead, right lead, right lead...he can't miss!"

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
        vs corrales was a one sided beat down for floyd
        I agree. However, doesn't negate that it was an entertaining fight. Just because you don't like one-sided beat downs doesn't make it any less exciting to watch.

augustus had like over 10 losses when floyd "struggled" with him.
        Fact. However, doesn't negate the reality that it was an exciting fight that even Floyd acknowledged was unexpectedly hard for him.

chavez was ... physically, athletically, and technically out of floyd's league yet whose aggressive mexican style made it a fight before floyd got him.
        I agree. However, doesn't negate the reality that it was an exciting fight.

ndou?
        Was an exciting fight no matter how you slice it.

floyd was a welterweight since what 2005 yet somehow managed to duck prime margarito, prime cotto, prime paul williams, younger shane, and prime pacquiao.
        Margacheato who was wrapping hands with plaster.
        Cotto WAS prime when they fought.
        Paul Williams that got sparked by Martinez and couldn't fill up a bingo hall.
        "Younger" Shane ducked him - search it yourself.
        "Prime" Manny who refused random blood and urine testing - on record from Freddie Roach himself. Search it

I get it. You're a Manny fan. You've followed his career for years, you bought his shirts, you watched him sing that terrible song leading up to MayPac, you cried when you watched Floyd absolutely embarrass him. You were mad when you watched Max Kellerman expose his excuses live on TV.

None of this changes the fact that Floyd's had just as many exciting fights, despite knockouts. Sweet science.

Done.

Comment

• Just rewatched this schooling again

Epic

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
            I agree. However, doesn't negate that it was an entertaining fight, especially the commentary. "I don't know when I've seen such lopsided numbers". "Right lead, right lead, right lead...he can't miss!"
            lol a good dance partner for floyd is somebody who is washed up and totally overmatched.

just shows you how many wins floyds has over prime legit hall of fame opposition:

ZERO.

I agree. However, doesn't negate that it was an entertaining fight. Just because you don't like one-sided beat downs doesn't make it any less exciting to watch.
            again, vs compromised opposition. vs non hall of fame opposition. seems floyd can only put up entertaining fights vs past prime non hall of fame opposition. where are the floyd fights that were entertaining vs prime hall of fame opposition?

yea, he has none. all of floyd's notable wins were against past prime, injured, compromised opposition.

Fact. However, doesn't negate the reality that it was an exciting fight that even Floyd acknowledged was unexpectedly hard for him.
            vs non hall of fame past prime opposition.

there's a pattern here.

I agree. However, doesn't negate the reality that it was an exciting fight.
            vs non hall of fame opposition.

does floyd have any wins vs in prime legit great hall of fame fighters?

NOPE.

Was an exciting fight no matter how you slice it.
            again, vs non hall of fame opposition.

all of floyd's notable opponents were past prime or compromised.

Margacheato who was wrapping hands with plaster.
            Cotto WAS prime when they fought.
            Paul Williams that got sparked by Martinez and couldn't fill up a bingo hall.
            "Younger" Shane ducked him - search it yourself.
            "Prime" Manny who refused random blood and urine testing - on record from Freddie Roach himself. Search it
            -ducking prime margarito happened before a past prime margarito fought past prime shane.

-LOL cotto was not prime when they fought. he already got beat up physically by margarito and pacquiao.

-i dont need to search it. floyd did not fight PRIME shane, pacquiao, cotto, margarito, marquez. hell even hatton was already damaged by collazo. hell, even when his opponent isnt past prime, he has to get him early and green like canelo. who he fought at a catchweight despite being a 2x champion at the weight class and despite saying he wants to fight opponents at their full weight class.

whatever the reason, floyd did not face great hall of fame opposition when they were in their prime.

I get it. You're a Manny fan. You've followed his career for years, you bought his shirts, you watched him sing that terrible song leading up to MayPac, you cried when you watched Floyd absolutely embarrass him. You were mad when you watched Max Kellerman expose his excuses live on TV.
            i get it. you're a floyd fan. you followed his career for years. you bought TMT shirts and lived vicariously through him like many brothas are with rappers and pro athletes.

you cried tears of joy when floyd hugged his way to a boring clinch fest points win vs a past prime pacquiao who was injured to boot. got called scared by his own dad in the corner.

None of this changes the fact that Floyd's had just as many exciting fights, despite knockouts. Sweet science.
            lol yea exciting fights vs past prime fighters and non hall of famers.

sweet science of ducking and dodging and padding and protecting a undefeated record.

"show me an undefeated fighter, and ill show you someone who hasnt really fought anybody."

Comment

Working...
            X