No announcement yet.

NWO: Cotto-Margarito 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NWO: Cotto-Margarito 2

Still not clear if a Pac-Margarito fight will happen or not since Pac's back to chasing Floyd for now. Never did hear anything about Margarito-Martinez 2 being pursued. After Cotto-Foreman, the first fight to my mind was a Margarito rematch. I'm over the whole plaster thing by now. This rematch was set to go had Margarito not lost to Shane last year. And the "Margarito don't deserve a payday!" garbage is some feminine ****.

Cotto lost. If he believes he was cheated, his desire for vengeance should be twice as high. He looked good with Steward as his trainer in the Foreman fight, and Steward knows what to correct from the first fight. Winning another title should have boosted his confidence if he needed it. Arum has both guys and can get this done if both fighters want it. Just checking to see what how the group sees all this.

Do you think Cotto should target this rematch?
    Who do you think wins it?
    If Cotto won, 3rd fight or not?

I would love to see this fight! I wouldn't blame Cotto though or hold it against him if it didn't happen. But I hope it does. I think Cotto has a solid shot like the last time when he was winning for a bit.

-Hell yeah. I'm tired of ******s saying Cotto's shot. This would be a big opportunity to shut em all up and get some consideration for a Manny or Floyd fight. It's a winnable fight too because Cotto is twice as talented as Margarito, Margarito just has some relentless power and solid chin.

-I would actually put my money on Cotto once again. Because he was winning that fight and with Steward in his corner I think Cotto wins a decision, but I don't think a KO win would be to far of a stretch either since Shane stopped Margarito badly.

-Depends. If Cotto wins an action packed decision like I predicted then hell yeah we need a third. But if it's a KO win for Cotto then only if Margarito earned a 3rd fight since I'm sure if he lost people would start calling him shot, so I'd like to see another good performance from him before a 3rd fight.

This needs to happen and I hope it does.

Comment

Originally posted by MurderDeathKill View Post
      Of course he should take it. If he believes he was beaten unfairly by a guy he's superior to, rove it in the ring. Surely Steward has taught him how to clinch. If Cotto has corrected that mistake, I pick him to win this time. And if he won a decision, of course there should be a rubber match. If he were to KO him, then he's made his point. Move on to the next challenge.

Comment

Looks like this one ain't happening anytime soon. Cotto ain't gonna go to Mexico to rematch the Margarito. And with Margarito blackballed from Nevada and California, Cotto takes the lead as Arum's choice for an opponent vs Pac if Floyd don't sign up.

Some of the other fights surrounding these guys could wait, but I got a feeling if Margarito and Cotto don't rematch now they ain't rematching at all. Too bad, because I was looking forward to this fight more than any other for Margarito when he came back. I also saw it as the true test of what Steward was really bringing to the table as Cotto's new head trainer. Margarito done fucked up.

Comment

Do or die time for Marg. It was in his best interests to rematch Cotto immediately after he tuned up, cuz he could win that fight and set himself up for sumthin else. I don't see him beatin Pac. And if he loses that one, he's pretty much finished. If he found a way to pull that one off, odds are there'd be a rematch unless he really embarrassed Pac and whooped him bad. If that happened, Marg-Cotto 2 can still get done if Cotto don't lose to anybody else in the interim.

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X