No announcement yet.

The Unpopular Opinion thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    Are you picking Zab Judah to beat him when they fight?
    Yes I think a faded zab will be too clever for him

Comment

• Some of the Asian fighters to come out of Thailand and Japan, in particular, in recent decades are incredibly skilled and much greater than they are given credit for (and often greater than their US counterparts), despite most people saying they fight no one, are protected, stay at home ie dont fight in the US of A, and can't fight at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by tonyjones View Post
        Yes I think a faded zab will be too clever for him
        More like shot to **** Zab.

I'll agree with you if Zab can win quite a few (at least 3 or 4) early rounds well and make Garcia look a bit average. Until then I'll stick with my opinion that Garcia is actually underrated and can possibly be the biggest threat to most top guys at 140/147. His countering skill during exchanges is a difficult thing to master and very hard to beat. When, or if, he hits his stride as he could I think he could be a great force for the next 5 years.

Comment

• Hopkins beat Calzaghe and Taylor at least once

Zab Judah beat Mattysse

Marquez beat Manny 4x

I'd pick James Kirkland against any Junior Middleweight as long as Anne Wolfe is in his corner.

Wlad and Vital would be hard pressed to even beat the Lyles, Shavers, Bruno, Norton's of the world nevertheless the ATGs

I think Hopkins could beat Hagler. He's the ultimate punch count dropper

The only fight Whitaker loss was to Trinidad and the last one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
            Hopkins beat Calzaghe and Taylor at least once

Zab Judah beat Mattysse

Marquez beat Manny 4x

I'd pick James Kirkland against any Junior Middleweight as long as Anne Wolfe is in his corner.

Wlad and Vital would be hard pressed to even beat the Lyles, Shavers, Bruno, Norton's of the world nevertheless the ATGs

I think Hopkins could beat Hagler. He's the ultimate punch count dropper

The only fight Whitaker loss was to Trinidad and the last one.
            I doubt the Hopkins, Wlad, and Vitali ones are that unpopular.

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
              Some of those are not just unpopular, they are just plain ignorant.

Sergio Martinez....have I got that right? Martinez.....over Carlos Monzon? Over Hopkins, Robinson.....Urgh, forget it, I can't even be bothered.
              OBV.. you could make a great arguement with Monzon. He was an ATG I have him 3rd because the MW Division was not great back then. He beat Benaveti and Emile Grifith who were both excellent MW. He is a victim of the 2nd oldest adage in boxing...."who did he beat ?" I wouldn't argue with him being #2 though.

Ray Robinson is best boxer that ever lived,period.He was not however the best MW boxer that ever lived. He was unreal as a Welt and seemed to be unstoppable as a LHW. He was "only" excellent as a MW. I have him at #4 MW.

Hopkins was a great MW. I have him at # 5 ATG MW. He fought a lot of ham and eggers though as 168 was the sexy Div at that time. He was dominated by RJJ. He has very nice wins over :Tito and Prime Glen Johnson but he lost twice to Taylor and fought some complete stiffs(Robert Allen three times). His next best win was a shut-out of Pavlik at 170.The De La Hoya fight was a joke. Oscar got whooooped by Sturn and looked like James Toney's twin in that fight.

Comment

• PIpino Cuevas

Pipino should not be in the IBHOF. A good fighter ...that is it

Comment

Working...
                X