Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua-Parker Heavyweight Unification Set, March 31 In Cardiff

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Szef View Post
    I obviously meant a fight beetwen two title holders

Rankings are for fanboys like you to justify the lack of good opponents on your fighters' resume

AJ, Parker, Povetkin, Ortiz, Pulev have all better resumes than Wilder whom I rate #4 behind AJ, Parker and Ortiz
    So nobody rates Parker as the #2 HW in the world. Not a single ratings source. Not TBRB, not The Ring, not ESPN, not Boxing Scene, not IWBR/PBO, not Boxing News, not a single other newspaper or magazine.

You know why? Because he's not. The fanboy is looking back at you in the mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by Pennsauken1 View Post
      Because the fight stinks, we boxing fans want real fights and challenges, we can not stand a ducker, that’s why chump
      Lets see
      You're gonna post under every AJ/Parker article from January thru Feb to March
      lol you stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        So nobody rates Parker as the #2 HW in the world. Not a single ratings source. Not TBRB, not The Ring, not ESPN, not Boxing Scene, not IWBR/PBO, not Boxing News, not a single other newspaper or magazine.

You know why? Because he's not. The fanboy is looking back at you in the mirror.
        Man you're just getting worked up because I don't rate Wilder as highly as you do

I don't care about official rankings

Now tell me what YOU think

Who do YOU think is #2 HW and why do YOU think it's Wilder? What has he done? Who has he beaten? Is his resume better than parkers?

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
          Man you're just getting worked up because I don't rate Wilder as highly as you do

I don't care about official rankings

Now tell me what YOU think

Who do YOU think is #2 HW and why do YOU think it's Wilder? What has he done? Who has he beaten? Is his resume better than parkers?
          I’d rank Wilder no.2, but there’s not much in it. His first win over Stiverne is OK I guess, though too many people forget Stiverne was only ranked so highly due to the division being in its worst state for a long time. Also has Duhaupas. The resume is paper thin

Parker has Ruiz, Fury and Takam.
          Essentially, it’s an argument between Stiverne and Takam. The only caveat is Povetkin beating Takam first.

The only way Wilder will ever be ranked higher than Joshua is by beating him. Joshua having Klitschko and soon Parker under his belt pretty much guarantees his no.1 position

Comment

Whatever your personal opinion on wilder the majority of people will have whoever wins this fight as rank #1.

As a minimum it’s a fight between two top 5 heavyweights, I’m not sure anyone can dispute that, and you can’t really argue with anyone who does think it’s #1 v #2 in their view. Only other contenders at the moment in my opinion would be povetkin, fury and wilder, the latter has fought no one to prove he either is or isn’t at that level yet.

Comment

nice..finally. cant wait! WAR JP

Comment

Yes!!! The time is here, come April 1st almost all the belts at HW will belong to 1 man. WAR JOSHUA!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                  I’d rank Wilder no.2, but there’s not much in it. His first win over Stiverne is OK I guess, though too many people forget Stiverne was only ranked so highly due to the division being in its worst state for a long time. Also has Duhaupas. The resume is paper thin

Parker has Ruiz, Fury and Takam.
                  Essentially, it’s an argument between Stiverne and Takam. The only caveat is Povetkin beating Takam first.

The only way Wilder will ever be ranked higher than Joshua is by beating him. Joshua having Klitschko and soon Parker under his belt pretty much guarantees his no.1 position
                  In my opinion, there's no clear #2 right now. If we go by resumes, Povetkin would be the guy but he's been busted twice. Same thing with Ortiz who also has a few good names plus skill wise he seems to be the best HW right now.

Both Parker and Wilder are champions, both have struggled against guys they should've beaten easily but Parker has a better resume. Not by much but it's better.

I don't have problem with people rating Wilder as the #2, but I do have a problem with people like Pigeons who think Wilder being #2 is a forgone conclusion and who laugh and ridicule you when you think otherwise.

Wilder is getting rated so highly because of what people think he's capable of. Not because of what he's actually done, what he has shown in the ring or who he has actually beaten.

Comment

Good month for heavyweight fights looking forward to March as a big fan of heavyweight boxing.

Comment

Rankings be damned!

Oilskin Parker is a 26 yr old undefeated heavyweight champion of the world who has never been dropped and gone the distance, to rack up numerous wins against many styles of fighters.

As a Samoan, fighting is in his blood.

He's been boxing since the age of 4, and didnt get to where he is today by ducking anyone or crushing cans.

He is most definitely the real deal and Joshua knows it.

There is no way AJ can take oilskin lightly or look beyond him to wilder or anyone else.

Naturally, if the fight goes the distance, the home cooked decision will favour the biggest money earner or a draw for the rematch.

So Parker really needs to put AJ down while staying of the canvas himself., which he is more than capable of doing!

Comment

Working...
                      X