No announcement yet.

Mexican Media Is Killing Canelo, Had Cotto Winning

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    Bradley was outweighed by 15 pounds last week and he still got the win, shoot, he got a KO....what gives?
    So Rios =/= Canelo?

Cool Story Bro

Comment

Canelo definitely fought like a pu$$Y. He could've easily forced the action more and thrown counters when Cotto was throwing combos. Cottos punches were not hurting Canelo, so why was he not throwing counters?

Canelo even opted to mainly throw one punch, very few combos himself. I think he won, but it was unsatisfying and he left a lot on the table. Crappy performance.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleStandar View Post
        From marquez to chavez sr to the mexican boxing feed to the real mexicans they had Cotto winning or a draw. **** they had the fight 117-111 in favor of Cotto in the mexican feed. I personally had it 114-114. Very close fight
        looool

watch the mexicano brigade and the floydicks who are riding canelos nuts come in here and say all these gusy are idiots

oh damn

Comment

People love them some controversy. Seriously, what was the last competitive fight we've had where people didn't declare "robbery!"?

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            He got beaten into submission by the superior boxer. Garcia was talking about KO victories before the fight.
            Bradley is feather fisted and he made Rios quit on his knees. Obviously Rios wasn't well prepared for the fight and just wanted that payday. Garcia is his trainer, what else would you expect out of him......

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
              Which Mexican media is criticizing Canelo?

I'll admit that by all Boxing standards, Cotto outworked Canelo and most fighters would respect that.

This whole "significant punch" approach doesn't usually mean shit unless someone hits the canvas. Cotto outjabs and lands combinations, but apparently they don't matter because Canelo's one shot looked harder. This is not how Boxing is usually scored...
              BOOM!

HBO crew were ridiculous in their bias for Canelo.

Fight was competitive and while Canelo's shots looked 15lbs heavier, Cotto took those shots and landed his own.

Comment

Tv azteca crew has been Canelo haters since forever, mocking and all, even Márquez liked to mocking him at espn years ago. You had to watch them, they´re not even good actors, and Chávez Sr. is butthurt because he was pushing for Canelo Vs Jr. months ago and it wont happen. And Cotto being bussier doesn´t matter, punching air and canelo´s arms doesn´t score points.

Comment

What is clear, even from looking at the twitter feeds for the fight, is that everyone, from boxing writers to fans, had this a toss-up, real-time. They would give one round to Cotto, and another person would give it to Canelo. So, no matter if you think Canelo edged it, Cotto was still robbed. It makes one think that those cards were handed in before the fight even started. C'mon. As boxing fans, we need to stand up for what is right. If this had happened to Canelo, I would still be upset. It's about fairness, and we should all be demanding an investigation.

It appears that certain people made sure Cotto wouldn't win. It was my worst fear coming in. Goldenboy Promotions was on the line, and Cotto wasn't tied to HBO. You know what that points to. I'm shocked that ESPN's boxing writers are all ignoring it, merely because they thought Canelo edged it. On Dan's card, Cotto just had to win the twelfth to make it a draw. Would he have changed his stance, had he given it to Cotto? It's shocking to me that they even admitted scores should be all over the place, and yet they have basically reacted with not much more than a shrug at the robbery. Just because it's common in boxing doesn't mean we should stand for this.

Comment

There's alot of different biases from various media outlets for the fighter that they favor. Hbo were clearly riding for canelo in their telecast (canelo is the future superstar in their eyes). They had it 9-3 in his favor which I thought was wide. Mexican station TV Azteca was actually heavily in favor of cotto (chavez Sr and Marquez both dislike canelo). They had it 9-3 in cottos favor which was completely wide.

I believe its somewhere in the middle. Cotto was throwing more flurries and out worked canelo in alot of rounds. But Canelo was more accurate and appeared to land the heavier punches. I personally had canelo winning 7-5 but it wasn't a dominate performance by any means. Both fighters came to fight and put on a good show.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
                      Which Mexican media is criticizing Canelo?

I'll admit that by all Boxing standards, Cotto outworked Canelo and most fighters would respect that.

This whole "significant punch" approach doesn't usually mean shit unless someone hits the canvas. Cotto outjabs and lands combinations, but apparently they don't matter because Canelo's one shot looked harder. This is not how Boxing is usually scored...
                      Canelo outlanded Cotto...

Comment

Working...
                      X