No announcement yet.

Ruiz vs Joshua II might be on PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Joshua has a first right of refusal deal with DAZN. If they can't match what another network is paying he can fight off DAZN.

This is all very preliminary and just somethings I heard was being floated out there. FOX putting together a enticing package for Ruiz & Joshua to stage a PPV fight on FOX. The rematch is to big to leave all that money on the table. DAZN is going to have to break the bank for AJ & Ruiz to keep this fight.
    I'm curious, what evidence do you have that it will be PPV? You have a link to a credible source?

DAZN has the next fight and it will not be PPV. Al Haymond bends the knee to DAZN, not the other way around.

Also, if you're Ruiz, why would you want it on PPV? It narrows your audience and people will still illegally stream it.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Would be a huge blow for DAZN if true. Even if it's unlikely it's definitely possible.

The fight could be heading back to MSG.
      I just saw Hearn say that about MSG.

Vegas could work too.

Makes sense really I think to have it in America again.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        Something you heard from who?

PBC can breach the contract and litigation would scatter the belts but it would be very stupid if they didn't put Matchroom as lead promoter in the rematch clause

Matchroom has exclusive contract with DAZN
        Hearn has said many times that Joshua has been deliberately excepted from that deal. DAZN has first and last offer, but they're not exclusive.

But it seems very unlikely for a rematch. The contract surely would have covered all the dollars necessary and have guaranteed the fight to both Matchroom and DAZN.

Comment

It would have to cone from Hearn. Joshua is a puppet. I don’t see DAZN letting this out of their hands either, hence the push for MSG.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            Joshua has a first right of refusal deal with DAZN. If they can't match what another network is paying he can fight off DAZN.

This is all very preliminary and just somethings I heard was being floated out there. FOX putting together a enticing package for Ruiz & Joshua to stage a PPV fight on FOX. The rematch is to big to leave all that money on the table. DAZN is going to have to break the bank for AJ & Ruiz to keep this fight.
            Can you give us your source of information?
            at least tell us from who you heard this info "floated out there"

Comment

Originally posted by MaksBox View Post
              Forget PPV... what Ruiz just did is SELL A LOT of new subscriptions to DAZN!
              Which he makes no money from. He'd make money from PPV buys. Why would he short change himself?

Comment

Originally posted by xhiddenx87 View Post
                Can you give us your source of information?
                at least tell us from who you heard this info "floated out there"
                Nope. You'll have to rely on my past statements I've made that have come true. But like I said. This is just something being talked about. Probably a negotiation tactic.

Comment

Originally posted by Luccio View Post
                  but what if dazn dies?

what if eddie hearn passes away?
                  (like from a heart attack or something- cos he lost out on all that aj money)

will you mourn? 😜

will it be a constant reminder???
                  LoLoL!

Comment

Really hope the fight is on DAZN. Too many PPVs coming up.

Comment

Ruiz is demanding $50 mil to hold the fight in the UK. He prefers the US or Mexico. It appears it's far from a given who will be running the rematch, where it will be, and who will be showing it.
                      Last edited by MastaBlasta; 06-08-2019, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X