No announcement yet.

Nsb pick em 2019 masterthread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PICK EM CREW View Post
    So. There we have it Gentlemen. The 2019 PICK EM is finally wrapped up and we have our winners.

In first place, Baltimore with 2720 pts and also a chart topping 81% hit rate. More impressively still he established an effectively unbridgeable gap between himself and the rest of the pack despite missing out on 3 of the 86 possible Picks he could have made this year.

Except for a brief slump in the pre-summer period Baltimore has been close to or atop the rankings and from August onwards it started to become clear that barring some freak accident (which I did give a little thought to arranging at one point) he would go on to become this years eventual winner with only an impressive late run by ruedboy providing any kind of challenge.

Baltimore takes home this years 1st Prize of $300 courtesy of the 'Scene and on top of that another 20k points for having the highest Correct % of the 2019 season. Exceptional playing man, and i can only hope you'll join us next year, although perhaps I'll be thinking about some kinda handicap system, cos man... when you're on form it ain't even fair...

Second place this year is ruedboy and like Baltimore he's never been far from the top few places and in the second half has been the only player to even get within shouting range of the winner. Quite aside from his overall score ruedboy also manged an incredible streak of 22 successive correct picks, which given the nature of the sport and the inevitable random ish and upsets we get ain't a record I can see being broken any time soon. That nets you 20k points my man. Ruedboy also scored the greatest number of total correct picks of any player (69) partly simply by dint of being one of only a handful of players who played in every possible Pick Em this year. Damn, man, I pretty much ran the thing and I still missed a couple! That's another 20k right there.

For second place ruedboy wins $150 courtesy of the 'Scene. Congratulations man, been an exceptional performance this year.

Third place and $50 goes to Chrismart who despite a slightly slower start to the year than our other winners has nailed it in the second half with consistent, solid picking - especially in the last 2 months pulling him just a nose ahead of the following pack. Well done man!

Other honourable mentions and Points prizes go to koolkc and Idunnoshet (once again proving he knows his shet plenty) for compiling the most perfect (result, method and detail) correct picks with 22 each - though investigations are now underway into the possible use of supernatural assistance Kudos gents. 10K points each coming your way.

And that, I think, just about wraps it up for the year. Once again I'd like to say both for myself and for the rest of the CREW this year - NC, otrocubiche and assistance from Cauliflower Ears and HeadBodyx3 - just what a pleasure it's been doing this ish and gettin gto know you all just a bit better and hopefully having some fun along the way.

Here's wishing you all a fantastic New Year and hoping you all be able to join us for the 2020 season kicking off in just a coupla short weeks

Kind Regards

Koba and the CREW

Nice one man! I can help out more next year, so if there is a rota system or something for compiling the points, etc., sign me up please

And big congrats to Baltimore!

Comment

• Originally posted by PICK EM CREW View Post
      So. There we have it Gentlemen. The 2019 PICK EM is finally wrapped up and we have our winners.

In first place, Baltimore with 2720 pts and also a chart topping 81% hit rate. More impressively still he established an effectively unbridgeable gap between himself and the rest of the pack despite missing out on 3 of the 86 possible Picks he could have made this year.

Except for a brief slump in the pre-summer period Baltimore has been close to or atop the rankings and from August onwards it started to become clear that barring some freak accident (which I did give a little thought to arranging at one point) he would go on to become this years eventual winner with only an impressive late run by ruedboy providing any kind of challenge.

Baltimore takes home this years 1st Prize of $300 courtesy of the 'Scene and on top of that another 20k points for having the highest Correct % of the 2019 season. Exceptional playing man, and i can only hope you'll join us next year, although perhaps I'll be thinking about some kinda handicap system, cos man... when you're on form it ain't even fair...

Second place this year is ruedboy and like Baltimore he's never been far from the top few places and in the second half has been the only player to even get within shouting range of the winner. Quite aside from his overall score ruedboy also manged an incredible streak of 22 successive correct picks, which given the nature of the sport and the inevitable random ish and upsets we get ain't a record I can see being broken any time soon. That nets you 20k points my man. Ruedboy also scored the greatest number of total correct picks of any player (69) partly simply by dint of being one of only a handful of players who played in every possible Pick Em this year. Damn, man, I pretty much ran the thing and I still missed a couple! That's another 20k right there.

For second place ruedboy wins $150 courtesy of the 'Scene. Congratulations man, been an exceptional performance this year.

Third place and $50 goes to Chrismart who despite a slightly slower start to the year than our other winners has nailed it in the second half with consistent, solid picking - especially in the last 2 months pulling him just a nose ahead of the following pack. Well done man!

Other honourable mentions and Points prizes go to koolkc and Idunnoshet (once again proving he knows his shet plenty) for compiling the most perfect (result, method and detail) correct picks with 22 each - though investigations are now underway into the possible use of supernatural assistance Kudos gents. 10K points each coming your way.

And that, I think, just about wraps it up for the year. Once again I'd like to say both for myself and for the rest of the CREW this year - NC, otrocubiche and assistance from Cauliflower Ears and HeadBodyx3 - just what a pleasure it's been doing this ish and gettin gto know you all just a bit better and hopefully having some fun along the way.

Here's wishing you all a fantastic New Year and hoping you all be able to join us for the 2020 season kicking off in just a coupla short weeks

Kind Regards

Koba and the CREW

First off thanks for the congrats and more importantly thank you to the whole crew who took the time to run this contest the whole year. I haven’t posted as much on NSB this past year (always lurking though) but I always make sure to pay attention to the Pick Em. The contest made me watch some fights this year that I normally wouldn’t have and that’s cool.

Honestly I never felt my lead was safe the whole time. I always kicked myself mentally thinking about how I messed up by missing those couple picks and how it was gonna come back to bite me by year’s end.

Of course I’m coming back to defend my title. Y’all aren’t getting off that easy.

And “freak accident”

Comment

• Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
        Congratulations Baltimore!!!! Nice win. Really congratulations to all that placed in the top 5( I had to say top 5 since Koba is #6)!!!!! JK!!
        Happy New Years and let’s bang 2020 out like it’s our last
        Thanks man!

Happy New Year to you, the whole pick em crew, everyone who participated, and even to those boxingscene posters who didn’t.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
          Nice one man! I can help out more next year, so if there is a rota system or something for compiling the points, etc., sign me up please

And big congrats to Baltimore!
          Thanks bro!

Comment

• That was a fun season fellas, looking forward to the next one.

Congrats to Baltimore, that was an impressive showing.

Thanks to Koba for all the hard work, much appreciated mate.

Comment

• Thanks for the Shout out , points and all the Hard Work you guys put in to getting the Pick 'em going.

Playing the Pick 'em adds even more excitement to the sport I love.
              I appreciate the work you guys do And also All the other guys who play it through the year.

On a side note.
              I like the confused look on some of my buddies faces when I tell them I'm 6th place in a boxing Pick 'em game on a boxing forum.
              Last edited by Idunnoshet; 01-04-2020, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X