Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are people still doubting Pacquiao's boxing skills?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are people still doubting Pacquiao's boxing skills?

I see some people are trying to convince themselves that Bradley will simply outbox Pacquiao to a decision. Why is it that Pac's boxing ability always seems to be the most underrated/overlooked aspect in his game?
    Especially since he already gave the supposed better boxer Tim a boxing lesson in the first fight. Don't get me wrong, Pac turning up the heat and fighting Tim would be ideal if he wants to win the rematch more convincingly but Pac is also capable of outboxing him as well. People seem to forget that he's a pretty skilled boxer himself.

Yeah he outboxed the **** out of Brandon Rios... lol but who knows this a a pretty even fight this time

Comment

I have always said Pacman has underrated boxing skills, his problem is he gets bored in the ring due to his outside activities, and his power and chin are overrated.

He was never hit flush at welterweight until JMM hit him in the 4th fight.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
        I have always said Pacman has underrated boxing skills, his problem is he gets bored in the ring due to his outside activities, and his power and chin are overrated.

He was never hit flush at welterweight until JMM hit him in the 4th fight.
        What would you call the shots cotto landed in their fight?

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
          What would you call the shots cotto landed in their fight?
          What those grazing punches and uppercuts that Pacman was able to brace for that he saw coming?

Anyone could take those punches if they braced themselves.

Pacman had a great chin at 126, JMM hit him flush there and never even hurt him bad, at 147 JMM drops him like a potato sack and puts him to sleep, that was the first time Pacman was hit by a legit power punch at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
            What those grazing punches and uppercuts that Pacman was able to brace for that he saw coming?

Anyone could take those punches if they braced themselves.

Pacman had a great chin at 126, JMM hit him flush there and never even hurt him bad, at 147 JMM drops him like a potato sack and puts him to sleep, that was the first time Pacman was hit by a legit power punch at 147.
            JMM is not a 147lber. And he is a guy that got extraordinarily strong in a very short amount of time. Pacman was hit by everyone at ww, and at his peek he was a cyborg. Every single fight he had, he walked through punches like a machine. When Cotto hit him, he actually busted Pac's eardrum if Im not mistaken. Pac didnt fall to the ground and start kicking his legs like Darren Barker did when Martinez popped his temple. Pac's head completely snapped side ways, and he didnt even blink an eye. It was identical to a robot, or a machine.

Comment

Anyone who thinks manny cant box must be a spastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
                Yeah he outboxed the **** out of Brandon Rios... lol but who knows this a a pretty even fight this time
                ****ing Mike Alvarado looked like whitaker against Rios

if Manny was great boxer he wouldn't jump into so many of the same punches like all the time

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                  ****ing Mike Alvarado looked like whitaker against Rios

if Manny was great boxer he wouldn't jump into so many of the same punches like all the time
                  I dont recall Whitaker moving like an oil tanker and eating punches like Alvarado at any point in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Flo_Raiden View Post
                    I see some people are trying to convince themselves that Bradley will simply outbox Pacquiao to a decision. Why is it that Pac's boxing ability always seems to be the most underrated/overlooked aspect in his game?
                    Especially since he already gave the supposed better boxer Tim a boxing lesson in the first fight. Don't get me wrong, Pac turning up the heat and fighting Tim would be ideal if he wants to win the rematch more convincingly but Pac is also capable of outboxing him as well. People seem to forget that he's a pretty skilled boxer himself.
                    Don't worry. This video says it all.

Comment

Working...
                    X