No announcement yet.

Can A President Pardon Themselves?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Yea I agree, I think they'll get pardoned if there is a threat of them getting into a legal situation.

The Donald is at greatest risk of any serious trouble from a state issue, likely NY, & I don't see him getting any serious punishment. Maybe he'll get a IRS fine or something soft like that worst case. Maybe it doesn't even get that far idk.
    I would agree because Trump (love him or hate him) is one of them and above the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post
      The USA political system is not too far from a collapse. It would be foolish to go after Trump once he exits. Paback as they say is a real b^t@h

If Biden, who is clearly guilty of a quid quo pro with Ukraine paying his son a million dollars for nothing is brought on trial in the Senate, he can be removed by a majority vote, clearing a path for Harris would few would have voted for to be President.

Once Trump exists the Democrats should elect new leaders in the House and Senate.
      Gonna be hard to pin Biden on a quid pro quo with Ukraine which was clearly regarding US Policy and also backed by republicans.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
        Why isnt anyone using a search? Is this just a opinion based question?
        https://www.wsj.com/articles/can-pre...ly-11606947916
        I didn't read this article but I've read other articles where it's clear its a disputed thing if a president can pardon himself.

I guess if you are saying he can do it, but it may or may not hold weight legally fair play.

My whole take is on if it's something that works. And I don't think it's been proven & agreed upon by legal minds that it would work.

Comment

I know about as much about your guys' system of government as you know about ours. Actually probably more since no one cares about Canada. I had to answer honestly though. I don't have a mfing clue bruh.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            This seems like something that could happen soon so figured I'd ask for folks' thoughts. Heard there is some dispute here on if one can or can't.

Randomly if I'm president & worried about legal sh^t I just make a wink wink handshake deal with the VP & I step out early to avoid the whole debate if a president can pardon himself by having the new president, the VP, pardon me.
            if Pence becomes President and before he grants a pardon to Trump something happens to him, I believe the next in line for president is Nancy Pelosi, good luck with those pardons..

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
              Gonna be hard to pin Biden on a quid pro quo with Ukraine which was clearly regarding US Policy and also backed by republicans.
              Not at all, his son, a dimwit who was kicked out the navy flat out said Ukraine made him president of an oil company and made him rich.

Never mind the fact that Hunter Biden didn't speak the language or know how to run anything.

It was a " payment " for political favors.

Our money. Joe Biden is 100% guilty.

Comment

Not at all, his son, a dimwit who was kicked out the navy flat out said Ukraine made him president of an oil company and made him rich.

Never mind the fact that Hunter Biden didn't speak the language or know how to run anything.

It was a " payment " for political favors.

Our money. Joe Biden is 100% guilty.
                lol. He wasn't president of an oil company. He was on the advisory board.

And there was no political favor. This has already been beaten to death. The prosecutor was fired because it was official US policy to oust him, along with the wishes of the European Union, the International Monetary Fund, Republicans, US Ambassadors, and Ukrainians themselves also protested outside of the Ukraine president's residency to have the prosecutor fired. The information is out there.

Sure, Hunter was hired for his name, but that in and of itself is not illegal.
                Last edited by travestyny; 12-04-2020, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                  lol. He wasn't president of an oil company. He was on the advisory board.

And there was no political favor. This has already been beaten to death. The prosecutor was fired because it was official US policy to oust him, along with the wishes of the European Union, the International Monetary Fund, Republicans, US Ambassadors, and Ukrainians themselves also protested outside of the Ukraine president's residency to have the prosecutor fired. The information is out there.

Sure, Hunter was hired for his name, but that in and of itself is not illegal.
                  Biden was in charge of foreign aid for Ukraine, when they needed it and Putin was raping their nation and Obama did nothing but send in bandaid when they needed tanks and such.

His son got the job paying $50,000 a month! QUID QUO PRO.

Hunter Biden was on the board of Burisma drawing a $50,000 monthly salary, having no experience in Ukraine or in natural gas. President Obama put VP Joe Biden in charge of foreign aid going to Ukraine. Biden bragged about how he had the prosecutor investigating Burisma fired ( All True ) , otherwise he would have withheld $billion in aid. Re-read that twice. You do this or get nothing!

Ukraine subsequently fired the prosecutor an hour before Biden was to leave the country. That was clearly as case of a "quid pro quo" on Biden's part and by the Democrat's own definition, bribery.

I think Joe Biden deserves a chance to start, but this should be investigated, not swept under the rug.

Comment

Biden was in charge of foreign aid for Ukraine, when they needed it and Putin was raping their nation and Obama did nothing but send in bandaid when they needed tanks and such.

His son got the job paying $50,000 a month! QUID QUO PRO.

Hunter Biden was on the board of Burisma drawing a $50,000 monthly salary, having no experience in Ukraine or in natural gas. President Obama put VP Joe Biden in charge of foreign aid going to Ukraine. Biden bragged about how he had the prosecutor investigating Burisma fired ( All True ) , otherwise he would have withheld $billion in aid. Re-read that twice. You do this or get nothing!

Ukraine subsequently fired the prosecutor an hour before Biden was to leave the country. That was clearly as case of a "quid pro quo" on Biden's part and by the Democrat's own definition, bribery.

I think Joe Biden deserves a chance to start, but this should be investigated, not swept under the rug.
                    Right, but what I'm telling you is this was not swept under the rug. It was common knowledge what was done. Everybody and their momma was asking for the prosecutor to be fired. Biden stated, have him fired, or you aren't getting the money.

I don't see what that has to do with Hunter being on the board of Burisma. The US would have had this done regardless of whether Hunter was on the board or not. Again, it was official US policy to have this Ukraine prosecutor fired.

Remember when Volker testified about this in front of the House?

Volker testified that Joe Biden was executing US policy in pushing for Shokin to be ousted, adding that many countries wanted the prosecutor gone because he was not doing his job and not pursuing corruption cases.

Though Volker's testimony did not offer new information, it's significant because it comes under oath from a former Trump administration appointee.

https://www.businessinsider.com/kurt...bidens-2019-11
                    The Quid Pro Quo that Trump tried to execute was very different being that it was for personal, political gain, not official US policy. And even Republicans admit that Trump was wrong for this.

This article does a great job explaining the difference:

Trump’s quid pro quo, unlike Biden’s, was entirely rancid

The former vice president’s threat to withhold a loan guarantee from Ukraine involved financing that was entirely at the executive's discretion. And his threat was made in the service of the unified, official public policy of the United States. It did not involve legally mandated federal appropriations. Trump’s withholding of military assistance from Ukraine involved improper delay of congressionally authorized federal appropriations that were not at his discretion, and it contradicted unified, public, official policy of the United States.

Those two differences are huge.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...ntirely-rancid
                    Last edited by travestyny; 12-04-2020, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X