Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blind female woman spends 28 days in the woods

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...rvived-n794006

She was likely drugged.
    Alabama woman who was rescued after wandering naked in dense forest for nearly a month, now says she feels grateful to be alive.

Lisa Theris, who is legally blind, was discovered naked on the side of Highway 82 Tuesday, her skin browned from the sun and her entire body covered in scars from bug bites and poison ivy.

Theris had been reported missing and was presumed dead. Little is known about the circumstances that left her stranded in thousands of acres of woods for nearly 28 days. Police have launched an investigation.

But for now, the 25-year-old told NBC-affiliate WSFA that she is happy to be home and recuperating with family.

“Just being out of those woods is just the most amazing thing,” Theris said. “I kept thinking that I would find somebody like a person, or a house — even if it was empty. But there was nothing.”

Theris survived by drinking muddy water and eating berries and mushrooms. At her lowest points, she said thoughts of her family forced her to continue searching for help.

“The only thing that kept me going was my family,” she said through tears. “I just kept thinking ‘I have to see my family.’”

Theris said she is now focused on regaining her strength and eventually plans on returning to college.The only souvenir she saved from the harrowing ordeal is the large root she used to help her walk.

Eventually, Theris stumbled out of the forest and onto the Highway 82, where Judy Garner, a Florida woman who was driving by, saw her and called 911.

“When I saw the road it was just … unbelievable,” she said, her voice breaking.

She added that the entire experience has given her a renewed outlook on life.

“It makes you appreciate everything — every little thing,” she said through tears. “I just praise God and I’m just so happy to be here right now.”

Read about that to. Weird story

Comment

Ole girl was out there so long it made her biracial

Comment

Idk why but this made me want to laugh. Thats crazy though. How the hell did she survive the Forrest...........blind!? I cant believe they already presumed her dead after thirty days. What did her family give up after the first day?

Comment

Im tempted to call bull shet on this story. If shes blind then how did she know what she was eating? They say berries and mushrooms but for all we know it could have been bat shet and turtle eggs. And how would she know if it was muddy water or clean? She was prolly walking around someones back garden for a few days and couldnt find a fence or a gate so thought she was lost.

Comment

I warned her to make that damn sammich

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler View Post
              Idk why but this made me want to laugh. Thats crazy though. How the hell did she survive the Forrest...........blind!? I cant believe they already presumed her dead after thirty days. What did her family give up after the first day?
              The legally blind radiology student said that she would drink water from muddy puddles or squeeze the moisture from her hair

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
                Im tempted to call bull shet on this story. If shes blind then how did she know what she was eating? They say berries and mushrooms but for all we know it could have been bat shet and turtle eggs. And how would she know if it was muddy water or clean? She was prolly walking around someones back garden for a few days and couldnt find a fence or a gate so thought she was lost.

Interestingly, these bites on the soles of her feet look like tropical tungiasis

Her injuries seem consistent with the exposure described but there will be a lot more to this story after investigators deal will thieves who possibly drugged her

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
                  Ole girl was out there so long it made her biracial
                  You may be on to something. Environmental exposure and drastic diet change can trigger rapid Epigenetics from neoteny (domestic creatures retaining juvenile characteristics) to the original wildtype

Comment

She looks like hamburglar and the elephant man...at the same time

Comment

Working...
                    X