No announcement yet.

How highly do you rate daniel jacobs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    it was you who voted him 'D', wasnt it...
    I voted B as i said.

Comment

Golovkin was lucky to get a decision against his toughest opponent, B level Jacobs.

Comment

people underestimated and overlooked jacobs, as i said repeatedly in the build up to much ridicule

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
          people underestimated and overlooked jacobs, as i said repeatedly in the build up to much ridicule
          People overrated Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            not good, not good at all. he nearly lost to ishe smith, was destroyed by pirog, and got hurt by sergio mora who was shot and couldn't even walk. if ggg doesn't take him out in 5 seconds....well says more about ggg
            What do you have to say about GGG now? Did he get old or was Jacobs better than you thought?

Comment

Still a B fighter with one good win over another B fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
                I think he's definitely on the world level, a world class fighter, and a top 3 MW.

If GGG is an A+ fighter, which I believe he is, then Jacobs would be an A-.

Jacobs is the quintessential boxer/puncher - he has good movement, a quick, stinging jab that he sets up combinations with, and he is good at dictating range.

I really like his footwork, and foot-speed, which I think is better than Golovkins (at least his foot-speed, maybe not dexterity; definitely not dexterity - as this is GGG's best quality that sets everything else up that he does - balance and dexterity - his power starts at his feet).

He's a bit rangier than Glolovkin, but GGG being one of the rare boxers who is both a pressure fighter, AND a counter-puncher, should be able to overcome Jacobs' edge in speed, and length.

I think in order to beat GGG, which Jacobs definitely has the tools to do so, if anyone does - he HAS to get his shots off first - even if basic 1-2's, 2-3-2's, etc. then TIE HIM UP before GGG gets his feet planted in range of Jacobs.

he needs to alternate between pivoting out (GGG will eventually figure this pattern out if that's all he does), AND TYING him up. Frustrate him, and outwork him for 12 rounds.
                Look at this solid post from you way back and then you have to go full ****** last night. I warned you though to balance out stuff but you never listened now they kicked you out.

Comment

ggg is a b level fighter

Comment

I gave him a B+ but I only give GGG an A (not A+). Both guys gave a great performance last night and I'm surprised that Jacobs only went down the one time. I'd say without a doubt that the top 3 at MW are 1)GGG, 2)Jacobs, 3)Lemieux.

Before the fight, I said that Jacobs' size advantage wouldn't matter but I think it really did help him to better absorb punishment from GGG's shots. Now, I want to see GGG-Candelita and Jacobs-Lemieux.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                      ggg is a b level fighter
                      Yeah....completely terrible, probably worse than Eubank jr honestly.

Comment

Working...
                      X