Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know WHY Prince liked giving people that work in games?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REAL TALK] Does anyone know WHY Prince liked giving people that work in games?

Besides the obvious - it seemed like he just took perverse pleasure in embarrassing people on the regular. I hear new stories all the time.

There's Charlie Murphy getting schooled by Prince and The Revolution, then getting served pancakes like "...b*tches."

A story about Michael Jackson getting taken to school in ping pong and basketball at Paisley Park - I'd NEVER heard this until now:

http://www.mtv.com/news/2576037/mich...otten-rivalry/

Originally posted by MTV.com
    However, recent interviews with former Prince band members reveal a more genial side. "They'd shoot hoops at Paisley Park," longtime Prince drummer Bobby Z told the Star-Tribune. Prince had a deep-seeded competitive nature, so it's easy to see where he would measure himself against Jackson's success. Engineer David Z told a story about Prince's attempt to play ping-pong with Jackson. "Michael drops his paddle and holds his hands up in front of his face so the ball won't hit him. Michael walks out with his bodyguard, and Prince starts strutting around like a rooster. 'Did you see that? He played like Helen Keller.'"

Seemingly backed up by Jimmy Fallon who apparently also got schooled in ping pong:

https://brobible.com/entertainment/m...nce-ping-pong/

Originally posted by BroBible
    Another famous person who Prince schooled in ping pong was Jimmy Fallon who recounted the wild story of his game with The Purple One.

One night when Prince was scheduled to appear on Fallon’s show they set up a ping pong table, but Prince never got around to playing. Fast forward to a little while later and Prince had Questlove deliver a message to Fallon that he wanted to play him in a game.

At the time Fallon had just had a baby, but obviously this was not a request he could turn down so they met at Susan Sarandon’s NYC ping-pong club, Spin.

As Fallon recalls, once he arrived he discovered Prince behind a curtain wearing a “double-breasted crushed blue velvet suit, holding a ping-pong paddle, and he goes, ‘You ready to do this?'”

Prince then proceeded to dominate Fallon, talking trash, and finishing him off with a winner that clipped the edge of the table. When Fallon bent down to retrieve the ball Prince was gone.

Added Questlove, “So that’s when I arrived, I came late… [Prince] was in the car already at the red light and I’m like, ‘Wait up, wait up!’ I run up to the car and, Grey Poupon-style, the window comes down. I said, ‘What happened, what happened?’ He says, ‘Ask your boy.'
    I wouldn't even be able to hold composure seeing him show up for a ping pong game wearing the same shіt he was wearing at the club.
    Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 12-15-2018, 09:15 PM.

lol. Prince was that dude! R.I.P.

Comment

The guy was a genius I really like his music. Didn't understand his dressing though.
      Last edited by Bobby Shaw; 12-16-2018, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
        The guy was a genius I really like his muscle. Didn't understand hi dressing though.
        Think you should review your post and edit it, bruh.

Unless you meant it that way. A lot of girls really liked his love muscle too, I've heard.

Comment

The guy was a genius I really like his music. Didn't understand his dressing though.
          Bruh, Prince could PICK any female he wanted even if he was broke. Did you see how those broads were acting when he was on The View? Shepard was about to drop panties live on air when he bounced

Comment

yeah bro I think Prince had the baddest women. Peep his videos and who he dated or who he was smashing or partying with its always top notch dimes! MUCH RESPECT Purple!

Comment

Prince was a bad dude. You didn't mess with Prince.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                Bruh, Prince could PICK any female he wanted even if he was broke. Did you see how those broads were acting when he was on The View? Shepard was about to drop panties live on air when he bounced

He could get any female no doubt but his sense of dressing was confusing.

Comment

He could get any female no doubt but his sense of dressing was confusing.
                  That's just it, it wasn't confusing, it was pulling women, so clearly he knew what he was doing shopping in the women's section.

I mean even Jamie MF'n Foxx couldn't hold it in:

Comment

Maybe he just liked to compete with people in person in stuff like basketball and ping-pong.

It's good to see people challenge themselves like that.

Prince may well have gotten himself beat at times, though the stories we hear are of the guy winning, and winning big apparently.

I read Prince was on his HS basketball team, so he obviously had some skill, knowledge, and valuable experience in that game.

Comment

Working...
                    X