No announcement yet.

Canelos illegal handwraps

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelos illegal handwraps

Sanchez was seriously not happy the last time out, very suspicious but legal way to wrap Canelos hands had him fuming but apparently this is fine but only in Nevada? Everybody else in the world deems it dangerous apart from 1 American state?

So obviously team Canelo are going to repeat the procedure. Is Abel accepting of it even if he doesnt agree with it or is he going to be lodging some sort of complaint? He got caught out last time cuz 1st he knew of it they were doing it but hes had a year to atleast try to do something about it. But im struggling to find his opinions on this in regards to the rematch anywhere.

If I were Abel I'd be practising that wrap myself.

I would 100% wrap GGG's hands the same way.

If Canelo's team objects, that's fine, because it means that they can't wrap Canelo's hands the same way. If they don't, then the playing field is level

Comment

GTFOH I'm not even a canelo fan but that bull**** the Nevada commission check his gloves and said it was good you ggg cheerleaders are full excuses is going to look so funny if canelo whoops his ass im going to die laughing

Comment

Originally posted by pretty ste View Post
        GTFOH I'm not even a canelo fan but that bull**** the Nevada commission check his gloves and said it was good you ggg cheerleaders are full excuses is going to look so funny if canelo whoops his ass im going to die laughing
        According to Sanchez, Nevada has now revised their rules to expressly permit this “stacking” kind of hand wrapping. It was not in their rules before. There’s an interview with Goosen where he says it’s illegal mostly everywhere.

You idiot

Comment

This is a non topic, old news. Abel’s inexperience coaching fighters in LV is the reason he was clueless.

Comment

Section 211.8. Bandages All boxers shall wear bandages on their hands during all contests and exhibitions, in accordance with the following: (a) Bandages on the hand of a boxer may not exceed one winding of surgeon’s adhesive tape, not over 2 inches wide, placed directly on the hand to protect the part of the hand near the wrist. The tape may cross the back of the hand twice, but may not extend within three-fourths of an inch of the knuckles when the hand is clenched to make a fist. (b) Each boxer shall use soft surgical bandage not over 2 inches wide, held in place by not more than 10 feet of surgeon’s adhesive tape for each hand. Up to one 20-yard roll of bandage may be used to complete the wrappings for each hand. Strips of tape may be used between the fingers to hold down the bandages. (c) All bandages must be applied in the dressing room before any contest or exhibition in which the boxers participate in the presence of a representative of the Commission and, upon request, an authorized representative of the boxer’s opponent. Either boxer may waive his or her privilege of witnessing the bandaging of his or her opponent’s hands by failing to timely request such privilege or by failing to attend at the time of bandaging. A Commission representative shall sign the bandages to indicate approval. Gloves shall not be placed on the hands of a participant until approval of the bandages by the Commission.

That's for NY in particular but these are standard rules for the sport anyway. This isn't something that has deviation. This is exactly what Nevada has as follows:

467.432 1. Bandages on the hand of an unarmed combatant may not exceed one winding of surgeon’s adhesive tape, not over 2 inches wide, placed directly on the hand to protect the part of the hand near the wrist. The tape may cross the back of the hand twice, but may not extend within three-fourths of an inch of the knuckles when the hand is clenched to make a fist. 2. Each unarmed combatant shall use soft surgical bandage not over 2 inches wide, held in place by not more than [10] 12 feet of surgeon’s adhesive tape for each hand. Up to one 20-yard roll of bandage may be used to complete the wrappings for each hand. [Strips] Flat strips of tape may be used between the fingers to hold down the bandages. 3. Bandages must be adjusted in the dressing room in the presence of a representative of the Commission and both unarmed combatants. Either unarmed combatant may waive his or her privilege of witnessing the bandaging of his or her opponent’s hands.

The issue here is that what Canelo has done has been attempted before, even in Nevada (recently at that) and the state athletic commission prohibited this (as they should have). It doesn't even make sense to allow something like this lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
              This is a non topic, old news. Abel’s inexperience coaching fighters in LV is the reason he was clueless.
              I can tell you the commissions are very afraid of a PED positive fighter, or illegals wraps that contribute to a fatality in the ring. And they should be. So they do care but when it’s the golden goose in boxing ( Canelo ) they can look the other way.

However this golden goose has bene caught red handed as a PED abuser, and others suspect some rule bending with his wraps. There is a way to tighten the tape and produce rock like exterior under the padding, and it should be illegal. Tito’s wraps were done this way, he must have had several layers of thick tape on them.

Comment

Fair play I'd say. GGG needs to do the same. Case closed.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
                  Fair play I'd say. GGG needs to do the same. Case closed.
                  Exactly how i would play it. But i know Sanchez has said he wouldnt even if Canelo is. But then after all the nastyness between the 2 sides maybe hes had a change of heart and would like to see Canelos face smashed in, i know i would.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
                    Exactly how i would play it. But i know Sanchez has said he wouldnt even if Canelo is. But then after all the nastyness between the 2 sides maybe hes had a change of heart and would like to see Canelos face smashed in, i know i would.
                    yes cause he got his face smashed in the first fight...

Comment

Working...
                    X