Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who here wants a trilogy and who would win a third immediate fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I swear Imma have a stroke, heart attack & prolapsed anus from excessive wiping all at the same time if boxing fans don't quit discounting elite level boxers.

For f#cks sake if the #3 at worst 175lber in the f#cking world is a B- boxer there should only be 20 fighters at 175 in the world cuz the rest suck too bad to be fighting professional.

Guys can be A level fighters & lose to other slightly better A level fighters. Thats what happened tonight too. A elite level fighter beat another elite, but not elite enough, level fighter.
    good post...

Comment

I swear Imma have a stroke, heart attack & prolapsed anus from excessive wiping all at the same time if boxing fans don't quit discounting elite level boxers.

For f#cks sake if the #3 at worst 175lber in the f#cking world is a B- boxer there should only be 20 fighters at 175 in the world cuz the rest suck too bad to be fighting professional.

Guys can be A level fighters & lose to other slightly better A level fighters. Thats what happened tonight too. A elite level fighter beat another elite, but not elite enough, level fighter.
      Mentally.. Mentally he doesn't have what his power does. He has plenty of pop, but the mental part gets away from him. Don't get it twisted because I've long been a Kov fan but he's mentally lost it against Ward twice now

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        He finished the guy. People can cry about belt line shots but it doesn't change what happened. Kovalev got finished. Shots to the head really fuked him up, body shots put him away.

If he earns his way back, hell yea. Would love to see it. Right now, Stevenson, Gvo, and Beterbeiv (should he beat someone with a pulse) are better fights.
        What's with everyone calling low shots "belt line" all of the sudden? Kovalev started to unravel as soon as he started getting tired again...the guy can't fight a 12 round fight apparently, so what's the point?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          The fight ended exactly how it would've ended even if Weeks would not have stopped it right then and there. But I just want the fight to actually have a better version of a TKO. I think Ward can repeat what he just did, but I want a better version of it.
          Maybe. I think Ward would still be cautious of his power and just punish him until the last bell, but i can see Weeks or the corner stop it as well

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Boxingscene live scored it 114-113 for Ward.

They also scored Golovkin over Jacobs close.

They have a bunch of great neutral scores.

I'll take BSL scorecards over others who could be biased. BS's scorer shows he has no dog in any fight and doesn't play the "oh i'm white/black, so the white/black guy won" character.
            Cliff Rold (Boxingscene): 115-112 Kovalev
            Ryan Burton (Boxingscene): 115-113 Kovalev
            Victor M Salazar (Boxingscene): 115-112 Kovalev

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
              Mentally.. Mentally he doesn't have what his power does. He has plenty of pop, but the mental part gets away from him. Don't get it twisted because I've long been a Kov fan but he's mentally lost it against Ward twice now
              Kovalev can dish it out....but he can't take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                He finished the guy. People can cry about belt line shots but it doesn't change what happened. Kovalev got finished. Shots to the head really fuked him up, body shots put him away.

If he earns his way back, hell yea. Would love to see it. Right now, Stevenson, Gvo, and Beterbeiv (should he beat someone with a pulse) are better fights.
                Yep. I got no problem seeing Ward vs Kovalev III in 3 or so years if both guys are around & performing at a high level or just wanna do some sorta cash out fight, but I don't see the point of doing it now where there are so many good to perhaps great 175lbers on the steps of the castle ready to invade Ward's & Kovalev's land.

Give me Kovalev vs Beterbiev. Give me Ward vs the Nail. Give me Stevenson vs anyone with a pulse that he'll actually fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                  Kovalev can dish it out....but he can't take it.
                  Exactly. He needs a fresh start but at this age, it's probably too damn late for him to start from scratch

Comment

Yep. I got no problem seeing Ward vs Kovalev III in 3 or so years if both guys are around & performing at a high level or just wanna do some sorta cash out fight, but I don't see the point of doing it now where there are so many good to perhaps great 175lbers on the steps of the castle ready to invade Ward's & Kovalev's land.

Give me Kovalev vs Beterbiev. Give me Ward vs the Nail. Give me Stevenson vs anyone with a pulse that he'll actually fight.
                    They won't go near him.

I guess this Nail guy is who's balls you'll wash since Kovalev got stomped.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
                      Exactly. He needs a fresh start but at this age, it's probably too damn late for him to start from scratch
                      He's too lazy to dig deep...let alone learn and adjust.

He'd rather cry and blame.

Comment

Working...
                      X