Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting past comments from BJS trainer about asthma drugs...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He ****ing cheated

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
      If what your saying is true then he should cop the same 6months ban and heavy fine the same as Canelo.
      A ped is a ped is a ped. No two ways to look at it.
      I mean yes & no. If its on the banned substance list its on the banned substance list. Then again there are a ton of things that are on the banned substance list that people actually use & need for their regular life & they are given or can be given a TUE for.

Without knowing about BJS's health situation I can't say he needs or doesn't need this nasal spray, but that seems like an argument in play for him. Meanwhile Canelo doesn't need what he took (or ingested accidentally) so that is a lil sketchier a situation, although obviously he has an argument for other reasons & why I feel like he only got 6mos (along with the money he brought which I'm too cynical not to bring up).

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        I mean yes & no. If its on the banned substance list its on the banned substance list. Then again there are a ton of things that are on the banned substance list that people actually use & need for their regular life & they are given or can be given a TUE for.

Without knowing about BJS's health situation I can't say he needs or doesn't need this nasal spray, but that seems like an argument in play for him. Meanwhile Canelo doesn't need what he took (or ingested accidentally) so that is a lil sketchier a situation, although obviously he has an argument for other reasons & why I feel like he only got 6mos (along with the money he brought which I'm too cynical not to bring up).
        Its nearly the same situation they are claiming that they both ingested these peds without knowing.
        They are both on the banned VADA list so he should suck it up and get ready for all the crap that hes about to be given.
        Especially being so outspoken on Canelos dirty.
        Do you honestly believe he didnt know the benefits he was getting by taking this asthma medication.

I have to say I don't know much about it and will have to do abit of research but that's just my gut feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          My little girl has asthma. It's no joke to live with. It's good that there's medication that will allow her to function in the same way people without the disease do.
          Sorry to hear that man.

I was diagnosed with asthma as a kid too, was using inhalers until I was 12 or 13, don't remember exactly. Never had an attack though.

Wishing your daughter all the best

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            I'm genuinely glad she has medication. I'm a supporter of a couple of children's hospitals.
            I also feel that's entirely unrelated to whether BJS is abusing asthma medication for an advantage. He did just fail a VADA test. I hope we can have an honest discussion about that.
            He was definitely using for an advantage imo.

Asthma medication abuse have been a hot topic in other sports for years. For example, 70% of Norwegian Olympic medals in skiing was won by athletes diagnosed with asthma. It significantly improves your stamina.

Billy Hoe is a cheat.

Comment

The Ingle gym is dirty as ****. No question in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post

Asthma medication abuse have been a hot topic in other sports for years. For example, 70% of Norwegian Olympic medals in skiing was won by athletes diagnosed with asthma. It significantly improves your stamina.

Billy Hoe is a cheat.
                Didn't know that about the Norwegians. Thx for sharing.

It seems that the trend has been toward PEDs the have a built in excuse. Medication, tainted supps and foods, etc. That's why I have a zero tolerance sentiment toward this stuff. Even if I sympathize with the athlete, we can't have these cracks in the system that allow the roaches to crawl through.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post

Billy Hoe is a cheat.
                  Well 40% of the british cycling team before the 2004 olympics had asthma. The percentage for for the general population is 7%.

Make of this what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                    Someone didnt look over the fine print close enough and now they are resorting to contaminated nasal spray as an excuse.
                    I've seen nothing from the Saunders camp indicating that they believe the nasal spray was contaminated? Do you have a source?

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    I also feel that's entirely unrelated to whether BJS is abusing asthma medication for an advantage.
                    Was the nasal spray designated for asthma sufferers? This is the first time I've seen anything linking this substance to asthma treatment?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

It's similar to the Ortiz situation, BJS signed a VADA contract with a list of banned substances, then took one them anyway and said 'medication, I forgot to declare it'. That should get him the same punishment IMO, though I expect the fight to go ahead.

Comment

Working...
                      X