Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does a unified champion with 4 belts in 22 fights get called a duck?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    You're lying Robbie. The term sheet emailed to Hearn, Joshua, etc detailed all of the typical elements you'd include in a boxing term sheet.

The guaranteed purse was listed. The upside % was listed. Who would pick the location was listed. The months the fight could take place in were listed. Whether there could be interim fights or not was listed.

Nobody refused to give the terms. You're making that up.

BT making an offer on the fight doesn't make the fight impossible. Finkel clearly stated the fight could go to Sky if they matched the offer. If Hearn said, "Sky won't match the offer and we won't fight off of Sky," fine. Fights fall apart over smaller details all the time.

But that's not what happened. Hearn said, "We're not willing to fight in America for any amount of money. We want the fight in the UK."

So don't act like UK TV rights are what killed the fight. Hearn and Joshua both publicly admitted what killed the fight. They decided not to accept the offer because they preferred to fight at home for much less money. Which is fine. They're free to do as they please. I just don't see what the point is of you lying about what they did.
    Please show us this term sheet. You're lying.

Joshua has a contract with SKY, there is no matching BT's offer to get the fight. They have the rights to Joshua fights. Why are you still struggling to understand that?

Wilders team knew a fight was impossible with BT's involvement and got BT involved.

Conclusion. Wilders offer was BS and if Joshua had accepted without seeing the terms he'd have had to pull out due to BT's involvement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      Please show us this term sheet. You're lying.
      This is a great example of how little regard you have for the concept of truth. You actually have no way of knowing whether I'm lying or not. So when you say I'm lying anyway, it shows that it doesn't matter to you whether something is true when you cry lie.

Wilder's email, which outlined all of the basic terms, was forwarded to many prominent media members. Which is how guys like Coppinger were able to write articles like this:

https://www.******.com/534144-anthon...t-title-fight/

Wilder sent an email to both Hearn and Joshua’s manager, Robert McCracken, offering his fellow heavyweight titleholder a 50% split of the revenue against a $50 million guarantee for the proposed clash, which would take place between September and the end of the year, DiBella told THE RING.

Under the terms of the proposed deal, Wilder’s side would control aspects of the promotion, such as the site and network that would distribute the pay-per-view. Joshua would earn either $50 million or half of the revenue, whichever is greater. The deal also stipulates that the fight take place next with no interim bouts in between.

I have the email Wilder sent to Joshua and Hearn, as do many media members. I'm not going to post a private email publicly. If you're so convinced that I don't have it, bet me. Put your money where your mouth is and I'll very gladly supply it. Just make it worth my while.

Joshua has a contract with SKY, there is no matching BT's offer to get the fight. They have the rights to Joshua fights. Why are you still struggling to understand that?
      You don't understand how network contracts work. How could you? You're an uneducated inexperienced amateur teenager pretending to play business man on the internet.

For a major PPV, the distributor makes certain commitments that would make one offer more or less attractive than another. Pertaining to revenue split, marketing costs and many other factors.

You can't expect Joshua to be given his requested $50 million and then Sky gets the fight fore free. Sky would have to put up money just like they would for any other Joshua fight. The difference being that the promotion is being controlled by PBC instead of by Matchroom.

So in negotiations with Sky, over what the deal should be for that particular fight, just like Matchroom & Sky have to determine various factors for each individual Joshua fight, PBC has no way to keep Sky honest unless they have an offer from BT to compare Sky's offer to.

Comment

• Watching BeltBrah assrape Robbie Barrett nightly is what makes my night shifts so enjoyable

Comment

• Hes ducking Wilder end of story

Comment

• Originally posted by Hov View Post
            How is somebody with that credible of resume even allowed to be dissed? How can the public be so easily misled to eat up that narrative? And i'm not even dissing Wilder because I like Wilder too. The guy has fought 4 of the top 10 fighters in 22 fights. Like no one besides Loma and Usyk can say they've done that and those guys had more than 350 amateur fights compared to Joshua's 43. Wlad, Dillian Whyte, Povetkin, Joseph Parker, and he was scheduled to fight Pulev who pulled out of the fight. The only guy this dude has fought that wasn't in the top 20 was a replacement opponent in Takam.
            The one fight that we all wanted to see, the coward didn’t want it. ****en coward...

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
              This is a great example of how little regard you have for the concept of truth. You actually have no way of knowing whether I'm lying or not. So when you say I'm lying anyway, it shows that it doesn't matter to you whether something is true when you cry lie.

Wilder's email, which outlined all of the basic terms, was forwarded to many prominent media members. Which is how guys like Coppinger were able to write articles like this:

https://www.******.com/534144-anthon...t-title-fight/

Wilder sent an email to both Hearn and Joshua’s manager, Robert McCracken, offering his fellow heavyweight titleholder a 50% split of the revenue against a $50 million guarantee for the proposed clash, which would take place between September and the end of the year, DiBella told THE RING.

Under the terms of the proposed deal, Wilder’s side would control aspects of the promotion, such as the site and network that would distribute the pay-per-view. Joshua would earn either $50 million or half of the revenue, whichever is greater. The deal also stipulates that the fight take place next with no interim bouts in between.

I have the email Wilder sent to Joshua and Hearn, as do many media members. I'm not going to post a private email publicly. If you're so convinced that I don't have it, bet me. Put your money where your mouth is and I'll very gladly supply it. Just make it worth my while.

You don't understand how network contracts work. How could you? You're an uneducated inexperienced amateur teenager pretending to play business man on the internet.

For a major PPV, the distributor makes certain commitments that would make one offer more or less attractive than another. Pertaining to revenue split, marketing costs and many other factors.

You can't expect Joshua to be given his requested $50 million and then Sky gets the fight fore free. Sky would have to put up money just like they would for any other Joshua fight. The difference being that the promotion is being controlled by PBC instead of by Matchroom.

So in negotiations with Sky, over what the deal should be for that particular fight, just like Matchroom & Sky have to determine various factors for each individual Joshua fight, PBC has no way to keep Sky honest unless they have an offer from BT to compare Sky's offer to.
              Oh so you don't have the terms sheet.You say yo do but seen as you're a proven liar that means nothing so you're lying like i said.

Sky having the rights is exactly what is expected. Because they do have the rights to Joshua fights. Do you know what a contract even is you ******?

B....bu...but i work in the business though........ GTFOH
              Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 11-21-2018, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hov View Post
                Wilder is delusional for thinking he can dictate where the fight is and that he deserves a higher split. Even Mayweather was the B side before and took a fight where his opponent dictated terms to him when he fought. De La Hoya made Mayweather fight at a weight he never fought at before just to get that fight. Why the hell does Wilder think he can dictate terms to a unified champion with 4 belts and that is a cashcow. Wilder should be itching to take that fight to get all the belts and cement his legacy
                of course wilder is the B side but in the event he offered 50mil and aj accepted he would have expected to dictate where the fight was. That's pretty much all I was saying. Is that far fetched? of course the guy giving the most money in the event would expect to dictate the location.... but at the end of the day hearn wasn't going to budge on the location so there was nothing else to talk about with the $50mil. why is this so hard to understand? outside of the $50mil of course wilder is the B side, we all and even him have openly said this 1million times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                  Oh so you don't have the terms sheet.You say yo do but seen as you're a proven liar that means nothing so you're lying like i said.

Sky having the rights is exactly what is expected. Because they do have the rights to Joshua fights. Do you know what a contract even is you ******?

B....bu...but i work in the business though........ GTFOH
                  While Joshua was initially skeptical of the high offer, Hearn confirmed that it's legitimate and the money is there.

Even with $50 million on the table, Joshua is willing to make less money in order to face Wilder in the UK.

Comment

• Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                    While Joshua was initially skeptical of the high offer, Hearn confirmed that it's legitimate and the money is there.

Even with $50 million on the table, Joshua is willing to make less money in order to face Wilder in the UK.
                    He confirmed he received and offer and believed they had the money.

They wouldn't give them the full terms when requested and it was later revealed they'd been negotiating with BT, which makes a Joshua fight impossible.

Comment

• Originally posted by robbie barrett View Post
                      he confirmed he received and offer and believed they had the money.

They wouldn't give them the full terms when requested and it was later revealed they'd been negotiating with bt, which makes a joshua fight impossible.
                      the bottom line is that the money was legit, hearn admitted it, but giving up homefield advantage was not in hearns plans.... Its really not rocket science, why is this so hard for you all to admit? You are bringing up everything outside of what hearn admitted mate. Just move on, its not that big of a deal.

Comment

Working...
                      X