No announcement yet.

*** The Official 2017-2018 NBA Season Thread ***

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not too sure anymore that the IT-Irving trade was that good for the Celtics

Let's say Celtics didn't have IT for most of this season without the trade. They would probably be one of the worst teams in the East.

That would mean they would probably have 3 picks in the top 10 in one of the deepest drafts ever PLUS could've resigned IT. They would've been loaded for the next decade.

Celtics might have ****ed this up in the long term.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
      Not too sure anymore that the IT-Irving trade was that good for the Celtics

Let's say Celtics didn't have IT for most of this season without the trade. They would probably be one of the worst teams in the East.

That would mean they would probably have 3 picks in the top 10 in one of the deepest drafts ever PLUS could've resigned IT. They would've been loaded for the next decade.

Celtics might have ****ed this up in the long term.
      I think its obvious they lost the trade from the start since they gave up an allstar caliber PG, decent Forward, and a lottery pick for just Irving.

However I think it's a bit rash to say they ****ed this up. They had so much flexibility and still probably have the best assets to acquire any other play in the league they want.

Brown and Tatum are only gonna get better. Horford is playing better. Irving is still a legit star. Not to mention they still have Hayward and more draft picks. Plus the Lakers pick looks like it could definitely land 2-5 which makes it boston's pick.

All they really need is a more legit C to move Horford to the 4 and they could beat any team in the league in 7 games. Including the warriors.

Comment

• James Harden out two weeks.

Comment

• Cavs v Celtics is on

Comment

• Originally posted by $Bullsfam$ View Post
            I think its obvious they lost the trade from the start since they gave up an allstar caliber PG, decent Forward, and a lottery pick for just Irving.

However I think it's a bit rash to say they ****ed this up. They had so much flexibility and still probably have the best assets to acquire any other play in the league they want.

Brown and Tatum are only gonna get better. Horford is playing better. Irving is still a legit star. Not to mention they still have Hayward and more draft picks. Plus the Lakers pick looks like it could definitely land 2-5 which makes it boston's pick.

All they really need is a more legit C to move Horford to the 4 and they could beat any team in the league in 7 games. Including the warriors.
            Moving Horford to the 4 solves one problem but creates another. Horford at C allows Celtics to spread the floor and defend the picknrolls easier because they have more versatile defenders on the floor.

This is the new NBA. 7 foot centers are gonna become obsolete.

Comment

• Nice to see the NBA finally fixed their scoring after all those years of unwatchable goon ball starting in the '90s.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
                Moving Horford to the 4 solves one problem but creates another. Horford at C allows Celtics to spread the floor and defend the picknrolls easier because they have more versatile defenders on the floor.

This is the new NBA. 7 foot centers are gonna become obsolete.
                Nah I doubt it. Guys like Cousins, Davis, Gasol, Whiteside, and Drummond will always have value. You need somebody who can stuff the paint. They are starting to shoot 3s too, to adapt so I highly doubt they become absolute. Cousins and Davis are 2 top 10 players for a reason. If Celtics get one of them, game over.

Comment

• Zo is back tonight....

Hopefully he busts out the undershirt today, UCLA Zo unlocked

Comment

• 9 straight road wins for Golden State. 💪💪

Comment

• Timberwolves at Boston right now than Wizards at Grizzlies on ESPN.

Comment

Working...
                      X