Collapse
No announcement yet.

why is PAC still ranked so highly and he is 3-3 in his last 6 fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have a problem with it. He lost to an ATG, but is much better than the rest.

Comment

He didnt look great vs rios or algeri.
      An eff vs timmy 2 he was losing that fight for a bit . And won a competitive fight. if only timmy wasnt featherfisted.

Manny has been shot since juan iced him imo. Crawford will unravel him

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        I still think he is a top 5 welterweight but he hasn't been dominant or impressive the last 5 years over top notch fighters

The mayweather loss wasn't close

Jmm knocked him out and arguably won the 3rd fight, I had JMM by 2 rounds

The Bradley 1 was competitive but pac won that fight IMO

Outside of Bradley PAC hasn't beat a top notch welterweight in a long time

ESPN has him #1 and the ring has him ranked #2....that's a bit too high when he hasn't been consistent

Brook, Thurman, khan and porter should be ranked higher because of their consistency and they actually fight welterweights not making guys move up to face them

IMO he should be around 5-6
        Your post essentially answers itself

Lost to Floyd. So what.

Got ktfo by jmm. So what. Jmm is elite level and strong. Getting ktfo in boxing is what it is. Lest not to get paq was whippin jmm up until the ko. There is a reason y jmm doesn't want to fight again

Bradley got lucky he didn't win that fight. He was a victim of arums criminality.

We cannot forget what paq has done career wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
          He never lost to Bradley

He never really lost to a juiced up running hugging Floyd

He only lost to a roided up Marquez.

So that is why..
          This kind of nonsense is why this board sucks.

So, do you have excuses for all your favorite fighters? Or just PAC?

Well, to answer the question posted--here's your answer; people are fanboys

Comment

Probably on the basis on of beating then #3 P4P Bradley who came off of beating Marquez and beating then champ Algieri, and considering those loses are to fellow top dogs Marquez and consensus #1 P4P Mayweather (and that other "loss" to Bradley).

The top at 147 is up for taking if someone gets a couple good wins in, right now a lot of the top guys haven't looked as good as one would hope - Thurman got keeled over by Collazo, Khan got rocked by Algieri, Kell Brook been fightin Euro bums. At least Porter and Bradley are coming off of good wins but I wouldn't place them at the top.

Or perhaps like Ward's #2 P4P rating it is on the basis of ancient achievements.
            Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 10-27-2015, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
              Makes sense. I thought the OP was speaking about Pac's pfp ranking. Not WW ranking.
              No welterweight rankings

Its a legitimate explanation he gave though

He did beat highly ranked Bradley last year

I think he should be around 4-5 most times a fighter takes 2-3 losses they get booted out of the rankings altogether

It happened to Alexander after the porter n khan losses

Happened to other fighters as well

He should be top ten but #1....I don't think so too many recent losses n a ko loss to a guy who was unranked at the time, JMM

Comment

Originally posted by jorgepichardojr View Post

Lost to Floyd. So what.

Got ktfo by jmm. So what. Jmm is elite level and strong. Getting ktfo in boxing is what it is. Lest not to get paq was whippin jmm up until the ko. There is a reason y jmm doesn't want to fight again

Bradley got lucky he didn't win that fight. He was a victim of arums criminality.

Rankings are based off what you have done recently in a weight class n half his opponents since cotto were guys moving up or catchweights

How long is he suppose to be number 1 based off beating cotto last decade n catch weights with losses sprinkled in? He is no lower than 6 in my book

Comment

Originally posted by jorgepichardojr View Post

Lost to Floyd. So what.

PAC was hardly "whippin" Marquez. Compare the knockouts and how often Marquez was tagging the careless PAC. He fell right into Marquez' trap.

Comment

Originally posted by mneronava2k View Post
                    PAC was hardly "whippin" Marquez. Compare the knockouts and how often Marquez was tagging the careless PAC. He fell right into Marquez' trap.
                    The end results matter the most....I think after fighting him a million times he knew he was a sucker for the straight right and counter right....he hurt him with it before, just never dropped him

Comment

Same reason ward is, the ranking have become more business and popularity driven rather than merit driven.

Comment

Working...
                      X