No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DAZN To Stream Canelo-Fielding Card, Future Canelo Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    Well, lets say they have $100-125 million in budget, what guys do they have that are making huge money? Really no one. So you are going to put on cards like the one we saw in Chicago. It is smart to spend big here to get the Canelo fight and hope to attract subscribers this way. Lets say if they did use $25-30 million on thi fight, then you still have $90-100 million for 15 other cards which is more than enough.

And this was the right call btw. Canelo fighting a no name Brit fighter wasn't going to do great numbers so it made sense for GBP to develop a relationship with Hearn. Is Canelo fighting on DAZN long term? Highly unlikely, but still great to have the biggest name stateside fighting on your network. Joshua isn't bringing in many subscribers, but I bet Canelo will.
    Suspect its gunna be tied to a larger Golden Boy deal, DAZN taking on all the GB content that would have been on HBO, ESPN and Facebook

Comment

It makes sense for this fight but I can't imagine Canelo not going back to PPV for cinco de mayo. Maybe the deal is for DAZN to air Canelo's fights 1 week after the PPV like HBO did. This fight he fights on traditional DAZN live but future PPVs they get the rights to his replays and past fights? And Golden Boy is definitely sending the rest of their fighters on DAZN

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        Has nothing to do with Hearn. Deal is directly with DAZN. Just like the Boxing Tournament they just bought without anything to do with Hearn.
        hearn is involved in the tournament. Wha are I talking about? Plus Canelo helping sell subscriptions helps Hearn regardless if he helped do part of the deal or not.

Comment

This ^^^^^^ DAZN wanted a seat at the table and they got it landing Canelo. But how much of their entire budget did they just fork over? They taking a risk banking on him delivering a shyt ton of subscriptions.
          Look at the moves that DAZN has made in countries like Germany, Italy and Japan. They have a ton of money to spend and are willing to do so to break into the market.

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
            I bet all the hearn haters will be cutting there wrists now.....hilarious fast eddie has done it again lol
            read it gumbo. Joshua & canelo and canelo is fighting fielding who is promoted by hearn.
            As i said before gumbo read it and weep
            Originally posted by GlassJoey View Post
            Well played Eddie!
            Has nothing to do with Hearn. Deal is directly with DAZN. Just like the Boxing Tournament they just bought without anything to do with Hearn.
            Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
            Why yall make this seem like a victory for Eddie Hearn, lol.

I wonder what the deal is.
            Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
            Eddie has an exclusive deal with DAZN. You can't get on DAZN without his consent.
            The agreement between Golden Boy Promotions, Alvarez and DAZN means fans will be able to watch Alvarez’s fights for a significantly lower fee than usual ($9.99 per month in the United States). Nine of Alvarez’s past 10 fights have been pay-per-view events distributed by either HBO or Showtime, and typically have cost between $65 and $75 to view in HD.
            Oscar cut his own deal with DAZN just like he said he would do

Comment

This is a great a deal for Canelo. He's making PPV money and only charging the normal rate for a monthly cable subscription. If 1m+ have tuned into to see Canelo's last 3 fights at $85, how many will watch for $10?

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                So, where does GGG go now.

Pac = PBC/Fox/Sho
                Canelo = DAZN
                GGG = ???
                Id guess he does a Murata fight on ESPN, then goes to DAZN

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
                  Eddie has an exclusive deal with DAZN. You can't get on DAZN without his consent.
                  http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...ing-determined

De La Hoya was responding to comments made by promoters such as Bob Arum of Top Rank and Matchroom Boxing's Eddie Hearn about their efforts to sign Alvarez to a co-promotional deal with Golden Boy in order to have Alvarez to fight on the platforms they have deals with. Top Rank is tied to ESPN and Matchroom Boxing with sports streaming service DAZN.

"I won't do a deal with Bob Arum or a deal with Eddie Hearn for Canelo," De La Hoya said. "I'm going to go directly to the [platform] and make a deal. I don't need another promoter. We are the promoter of the biggest star on the planet."

You don't hear Hearn's name in any of the reports because he ain't involved. Golden Boy went directly to DAZN and cut a deal with them NOT Hearn.

Comment

I bet all the hearn haters will be cutting there wrists now.....hilarious fast eddie has done it again lol
                    Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
                    hearn isnt dazn, he doesnt own dazn
                    Suddenly, Hearn's pathetic, shitty app that no big names will ever want to fight on has nothing to do with Hearn any more!

Comment

Do these idiots at DAZN know that Mexico has really slow wi-fi. Nobody in Mexico paying for that trash app

Comment

Working...
                      X