Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joshua: "Give me $50 million I'll fight tomorrow." Whyte: "We can go December 22."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
    Ortiz fight will happen. It's not necessarily now. It may happen next, it may happen along the line. Every fighters management has their plans and schedule just the way wilder is not ready for AJ yet.

What has anyone done about it?
    All I know is Eddie Hearn fighters are starting to show a trend of "challenging" other boxers but then folding when their bluff is called.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Luis Ortiz was willing to give up his spot on the Wilder-Fury undercard and go to England to accept Whyte's challenge on December 22.

The WBC was even willing to sanction it as a final eliminator.
      Breazeale still would have had the first mandatory shot at Wilder.

I agree though, Whyte vs Ortiz is a great fight and should be made. Only casuals care about a Chisora rematch.

Comment

• Joshua wants Wilder. Hearn doesn't. While Joshua keeps filling stadia with safer opponents, Hearn will keep kicking this down the road.

This is all about the money Joshua makes whoever he fights while he stays unbeaten. I genuinely believe both boxers want the fight.

Comment

All I know is Eddie Hearn fighters are starting to show a trend of "challenging" other boxers but then folding when their bluff is called.
          You should use that time to trace haymon boxers and tell me your conclusion.

Comment

Hearn confirmed the $50 million offer was real. Give it up.
            So again, the answer is no, you don't have any proof. Also, you can't call Hearn a liar one sentence, and then quote him in another when it fits your agenda. Make up your mind. A 50 million dollar fight would take meetings and contracts idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
              So again, the answer is no, you don't have any proof. Also, you can't call Hearn a liar one sentence, and then quote him in another when it fits your agenda. Make up your mind. A 50 million dollar fight would take meetings and contracts idiot.
              https://www.boxingscene.com/joshua-h...ght-uk--128489

While Joshua was initially skeptical of the high offer, Hearn confirmed that it's legitimate and the money is there.

Even with $50 million on the table, Joshua is willing to make less money in order to face Wilder in the UK.

If Wilder wins, then Joshua is willing to make the rematch in the United States.

"It's the general opinion of myself, AJ and Rob McCracken [Joshua's trainer] that because of the status of AJ in the fight and what we've built over here in the U.K. that we should try and get it over here because he has earned the right for that fight over here," Hearn told Nick Parkinson.

"If Wilder wins, the rematch can be over there in America. We are going back and forth with talks at the moment and I'm confident we can make that fight. AJ appreciates he might not make as much money by fighting in the U.K. but realises that Wilder should be coming to the U.K. to fight first."

Joshua has grown accustomed to having massive crowds at his events, which recently range from 76-90,000 fans packing a stadium.

He doesn't like the idea of having his biggest fight before a watered down crowd of British fans.

"AJ asked me how many British fans could get tickets if the fight was in America and could get over and I said about 6,000 and that's after we have done 250,000 in three fights and it doesn't seem right," Hearn said.

"He's keen to do the fight in the U.K. and from Rob's point of view it's an advantage. If it's in September it gives us the ability to go outside and we would have to consider Cardiff [the Principality Stadium], Wembley, the Olympic Stadium, Twickenham and Old Trafford. AJ wants it in London preferably."

Comment

• Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post

While Joshua was initially skeptical of the high offer, Hearn confirmed that it's legitimate and the money is there.

Even with $50 million on the table, Joshua is willing to make less money in order to face Wilder in the UK.

If Wilder wins, then Joshua is willing to make the rematch in the United States.

"It's the general opinion of myself, AJ and Rob McCracken [Joshua's trainer] that because of the status of AJ in the fight and what we've built over here in the U.K. that we should try and get it over here because he has earned the right for that fight over here," Hearn told Nick Parkinson.

"If Wilder wins, the rematch can be over there in America. We are going back and forth with talks at the moment and I'm confident we can make that fight. AJ appreciates he might not make as much money by fighting in the U.K. but realises that Wilder should be coming to the U.K. to fight first."

Joshua has grown accustomed to having massive crowds at his events, which recently range from 76-90,000 fans packing a stadium.

He doesn't like the idea of having his biggest fight before a watered down crowd of British fans.

"AJ asked me how many British fans could get tickets if the fight was in America and could get over and I said about 6,000 and that's after we have done 250,000 in three fights and it doesn't seem right," Hearn said.

"He's keen to do the fight in the U.K. and from Rob's point of view it's an advantage. If it's in September it gives us the ability to go outside and we would have to consider Cardiff [the Principality Stadium], Wembley, the Olympic Stadium, Twickenham and Old Trafford. AJ wants it in London preferably."
                Yes, great, great, now should me the article that has the contract in it. Now should me one that says that Wilder's team refuses to meet up with Hearn and gives a 24 hour deadline to say yes.

Comment

• I think the sooner AJ fans can just admit Hearn turned down the $50mil and stop running around lying as if it was never an offer, the sooner we can move past there useless debates. Hearn is not innocent in this whole situation guys, hes a promoter looking out for his pockets and fighter, which does not translate into what fans want in every situation. We get it, he wanted more fights before Wilder, its not the end of the world. Aj asked for $50 mil and it was offered, he was silenced by his promoter and it was never agreed on so therefore no meetings came to actually discuss it. the justification was that AJ wanted home field advantage so they would take less to fight in the UK and not entertain the $50mil. I for one think that AJ would have took it if Hearn wasn't around, hes not scared but its business and its life.... IT HAPPENED lets just stop lying and move on instead of all this useless pride.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
                    Yes, great, great, now should me the article that has the contract in it. Now should me one that says that Wilder's team refuses to meet up with Hearn and gives a 24 hour deadline to say yes.
                    see my last post #108, this is explained, if hearn said hes not going to entertain the $50mil because they aren't willing to give up home field advantage then there would not be a meeting or a contract drawn up correct. Im not sure what the big deal is. they turned down the money, hearn is a good business man and did whats best for his investment looking long term, its just that me as a fan wanted to see the fight ASAP but I understand. all this pride and ego that lead to these useless back n forths is getting old. Hearn admitted the money was there but didn't entertain it because they were not willing to fight outside the UK. Its okay brother, take a deep breath, its not the end of the world. But its good you at least responded most aj/ hearn die hards ignore it.

Comment

• This says it all, please stop

THERE IS NOTHING ELSE TO TALK ABOUT CONCERNING THE 50MIL STOP ACTING LIKE IT WAS NEVER THERE AND DEFENDING ALL THESE CONTRADICTIONS. BE A MAN AND MOVE ON!

Comment

Working...
                      X