Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JoJo Diaz lost pretty clearly last night...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoJo Diaz lost pretty clearly last night...

But his body work is dope. First half of the fight I thought he might pull it off down the stretch because of it. Made a fan out of me...

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
    But his body work is dope. First half of the fight I thought he might pull it off down the stretch because of it. Made a fan out of me...
    I was thinking the same thing...that it might pay off in the 2nd half

I think it was Bernstein who mentioned early that both fighters seem to have a good "poker face"...both guys were ripping shots on each other and neither seemed really bothered

Comment

not everyone can be lomachenko the best body puncher in boxing history

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        lomachenko the best body puncher in boxing history

Comment

Diaz' problem was he kept waiting too long to launch his offensive. I don't know if Russell's speed was bothering him or he wasn't confident in his stamina. He did land some really nice body shots but that only works on boxers who aren't in optimal shape. Russell seem to be in really good shape last night. He also had much better movement than I've seen in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
            Thought exactly the same after he started lighting up the body in the second. Russell showed he was a little to seasoned for him. Still got high hopes for JoJo though a future champ IMO

Comment

Diaz was even after 6 on my card and then proceeded to throw almost no punches for the next 4 rounds. I like Diaz a lot but I think he gave that fight away looking for an opening to land a bomb and it just never came.

Comment

I thought Diaz was going to make it an either way type of fight with that early body work but Russell turned it up a notch. He's the more experienced guy. I think JoJo will become a better fighter for this and will be a title holder soon enough.

Comment

For a bit I thought Diaz was going to start walking him down and ounishing him aa the fight wore since his punches seemed to have considerably more effect and he was having his way when he decided tk throw.

Russell won clearly on sheer activity. Jojo was more effective but only when he decided to be...which was rarely. Punishment wise JoJo did more in the fight but this is boxing and you can’t just win a few seconds a minute.

Even though JoJo seemed to be more effective when throwing/landing, I’m still more impressed with GRJ for making the adjustment and using his offense as defense. Sure, he was rarely landing but he was making JoJo keep his hands home and he showed he’s a true professional BOXER and knew how to score for the judges. Great awareness and hustle.

I think if JoJo has a true fighter’s heart and learned the difference at the championship level (which is getting the win by any means) he’d win the rematch.

If he (and his corner) just adds a sense of urgency I’d favor him in a rematch. But we don’t know if he’s got it in him. A little disappointed in him though and GRJr will have hopefully taught him a good lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    not everyone can be lomachenko the best body puncher in boxing history
                    Thats Chávez.

Comment

Working...
                    X