Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is GGG supposed to fight Canelo the rest of his career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly the Canelo fight is so tainted now that I wouldn't be super upset if the rematch never even happened. I think Saunders has earned a shot, as has Charlo. I also think that Jacobs deserves a rematch as well, it was very close but I thought he actually edged their first fight. Obviously though the Canelo fight is still a huge amount of money and GGG and his team will still want that above all else, they probably command a higher cut of the money in the rematch because of Canelo's soiled reputation.

Comment

Looks like they would wait for Canelo forever, that’s their money fight. I don’t blame them but they should be criticised for it by everyone, the same way Sergio Martinez was even though we knew he was looking for money fights towards the end of his career.

Comment

GGG should forget about Canelo and go after his legacy.
        If he beats his mandos and keeps beating them then his value would go up enormous and if hes good enough at his age to get thru all his mandos gives him alot better bargaining power come Canelo if he still wants him.
        I dont think at GGG age he has that left in him if he did surely he would get ATG status.

Comment

ggg is the guy that fought all the top guys murray(robbed against martinez) lemiuex, jacobs, and tried to fight saunders(who turned him down) while waiting for his wbc shot. where does all the ducking talk come from? he didn't have to take any of those risks. he could have sat back and waited like someone else is doing right now...charlo is literally in the same position that ggg was just in and he's fighting centeno and doesnt have any pressure on him to fight the top guys. why such different standards?

ggg is going to fight either canelo, saunders, or his mandatory next. meanwhile guys like jacobs and charlo are fighting who? i thought the contenders should fight among themselves to get a shot at the top guy? i didn't know they were all supposed to wait for the top guy to fight them all one by one. is this normal boxign procedure?

remember when marg and cotto were the top ww's floyd wasn't ready to fight but when mosley beat marg floyd still got the credit for beating the "last man standing" or for beating the "guy that beat the guy that beat the guy" and what great timing as the last man standing at that point in time happened to be an old man with the easiest style for floyd. why didn't floyd just fight them all like ggg is supposed to. high standards are a b-itch. always always aim low in life. when you do something even halfway good people will be surprised and give you pity points. if you start off great you can only go down
          Last edited by daggum; 04-22-2018, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Why would anyone expect anything other than Canelo? Like he's just supposed to walk away from a huge payday and a rematch to a contested fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              Like GGG didn't take a risk before he fought Canelo? He fought Brook. Had a close fight with Jacobs then bailed on the Saunders fight because he didn't want to risk the Canelo fight even though he said his goal was to get all the belts. And he's doing the same thing with the Vanes fight. Instead of delaying the date he's fighting a guy coming out of retirement moving up a weight class
              I'm saying Jacobs is the only one trying to make good fights. Everybody else is content to wait in line.

Comment

lol so for years you say hes avoiding canelo, and then when he fights him and tries to rematch him(which again you all said hed avoid) hes now obsessed with canelo and needs to take another route. you lot are something else lol

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  It obviously went over your head
                  Yeaahh no it didn't. It's not hard to understand what you're saying. Aside from that, I don't get why it's a bad thing to have those guys fight each other. Do I want G to fight them? Of course, but it wouldn't hurt if there was a little unofficial tournament between everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                    I'm saying Jacobs is the only one trying to make good fights. Everybody else is content to wait in line.
                    Wasn't GGG content to wait in line and take step aside money while he fought the likes of Monroe Jr, Wade, & a welterweight? The good fights they're trying to make is against GGG

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
                    Yeaahh no it didn't. It's not hard to understand what you're saying. Aside from that, I don't get why it's a bad thing to have those guys fight each other. Do I want G to fight them? Of course, but it wouldn't hurt if there was a little unofficial tournament between everyone.
                    Here we go. Once again the rules have to be changed and everything has to benefit GGG. That's not how boxing works. When has there ever been a tournament to face the champion? These guys are doing the exact same thing GGG did to get his shot at the belts. It was ok when GGG was doing it but now suddenly people want to change the rules of boxing. I don't get why it's a bad thing for these guys to face GGG. He has 3 belts. They want the belts just like GGG wanted the belts

Comment

good point about jacobs being lil gs bodyguard now

ive noticed that too.....everytime someone dangerous is mentioned they like "tell him to go fight jacobs first...ya"....like lil g beat jacobs so easily and well that its some great test lol

lil g was, at best, a **** hair better than jacobs......and thats g's greatest win

Comment

Working...
                      X