No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Mayweather Wouldn't Have Gone For KO Like Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
    Mayweather in his prime wouldn't have fought someone outside the top 30 whod been shot in the knee

This. When is the last time Mayweather has fought someone you had to google their name?

Arum still salty over 10 years after Mayweather left him.

And now that I think about it, the last time mayweather fought someone you had to google their name, would have been under Arum.

Comment

Originally posted by whoelsebutjames View Post
      Floyd first fight at welter were with sharmba, zab, and baldomir... not even the same league, barely the same sport.

3 fights in and he was lineal champion. And it was supposed to be his 2nd fight in with Judah for the lineal championship.

And atleast I heard of Sharmba Mitchel before Floyd announced the fight. Oh and also Floyd stopped him.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
        Not what I meant at all. I meant excitement. Floyd was never in any fight of the year candidates.

Fight of the year fights are back and forth action fights.

When you have one of the best defenses of all time and dont get hit much, its mostly give and not much take.

Comment

#FloydRuinsLives

Comment

If Bud wants to be like Floyd then he is more than welcome to move up in weight and challenge Canelo...good luck with that.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
              Terence Crawford 5'8" 74" reach Floyd Mayweather 5'8" 72" reach
              None of that is size.

Corrales 5’11”, 70” reach
              Tyson 5’10”, 71” reach

I guess Chico Corrales and Mike Tyson were the same size?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                No offense but this doesn't make sense. His ticket and PPV sales dwarf the competition. It's fine to say you didn't like his style. To say it isn't crowd pleasing defies the subjective data available.
                Actually it defies the objective data available

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  None of that is size.

Corrales 5’11”, 70” reach
                  Tyson 5’10”, 71” reach

I guess Chico Corrales and Mike Tyson were the same size?
                  Caballero is 5'11 too.

Just look at Crawford. He isn't a big dude

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                    Why do you think he will never be the people's champion?

If he beats, say Spence and Thurman, would he be the people's champion? I think he'd be very competitive against both.
                    I personally don't see him even stepping in the ring with them any time soon hence my point the man is 31. Time is ticking. If he does fight and win then of course. If he hides behind the top rank banner and never fights one of them ( even though he should fight all of them). Then hes a overated fighter beating on bums.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cigar View Post
                      Closing the show in a fan, against an undefeated fighter, in a fan friendly fight, the way it's supposed to be done against an opponent you outclass. Can Mayweather say the same against, oh say, Robert the Ghost Guerrero? Or Andre Berto? or the dude that beat up Broner (can't remember his name, lol)?? Nope!!
                      If you are in love with Crawford send him a Facebook request. We are here to talk boxing and Crawford went 12 rounds with a bum. Atleast Guerrero was a former champion and Berto. I don't and still don't know that Mexican he fought last weekend. I saw the guy had a busted leg and it still took 12 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X