Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kovalev Said He ''Over Trained'' Ward 1, So Why NOW A Russian Conditioning coach?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kovalev Said He ''Over Trained'' Ward 1, So Why NOW A Russian Conditioning coach?

JDJ is saying that they brought in a new ''conditioning'' coach or however else they want to label it...

JDJ saying that Kovalev was gassing out earlier in the fight...because supposedly he over trained for Ward 1 and overestimated him..

So why is JDJ telling reporters what Kovalev or Klimas has wanted?

If Kovalev isn't going to over train again, why mention this?

Oh that's right, cause JDJ doesn't understand Russian so this ''conditioning'' on the side lines is really coaching undercover..

Not sure why Kovalev feels the need for excuses for the first fight. He put up a good fight and probably should've been given the decision.

Comment

The idea of a seasoned professional and champion being unprepared for a fight is laughable. Ward could never present such an excuse.....

Comment

Every top fighter should have a conditioning coach and someone to control their diet. A good conditioning coach will know where to draw the line with physical exertion and how to achieve optimal recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
          Not sure why Kovalev feels the need for excuses for the first fight. He put up a good fight and probably should've been given the decision.
          I do think he felt that he won but he realized how hard is to fight Ward. He might think if he was in some type of condition he could had done more

Comment

He said he over trained for both Chilemba and Ward, and that he spent too long at high altitudes. I can kinda understand it - he got the biggest fight of his life, so he wanted to be this new amazing fighter in the tuneup vs. Chilemba and vs. Ward. However he believes that in the course of this pursuit he basically forgot who he was and what made him successful so far - so he's going back to the same person he was before. The S&C coach is a blip on the radar. It can be just another familiar face in camp, or it can be "hey dude, i gassed badly last 2 times i fought, make sure it don't happen again or i'll kill your family? kool?

Comment

Working...
            X