No announcement yet.

I just watched both Marquez-Pacquiao fights back to back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
    give or take 1 round pretty much exactly this - this "I was robbed" business is total nonsense the fights were damn close and the bottom line is marquez was down 4 times, pac not even once, and the rest of the rounds were not onesided enough in Marquez's favor to overcome that. If a guy gets knocked down 3 times in the first round he needs to completely dominate the rest of the fight not slightly edge it.
    and also take note that one of the judges in the first fight admitted to a mistake in the scoring in favor of marquez. in other words, manny would have officially won via split decision TWICE if it weren't for that mistake.

Comment

A ***** saying marquez won both fights, wow what a shock...

go to bed kid

Comment

On my card Manny won the 1st by a point and JMM won the 2nd by a point. It's dead even IMHO! Which makes this 3rd fight, alteast for me, exciting an will bring closure (pls., no draw this time). I hope Manny knocks JMM out...but I doubt it, he's one tough nut to crack! JMM will be dropped again a couple of times and Manny by UD though!

Comment

Originally posted by antrob View Post
          After watching both of these fights back to back I'm 100000% convinced that Marquez beat Pacquiao twice. I had him winning 10 rounds in the first fight and 8 rounds in the 2nd fight.

If Manny had any sportsmanship in him he would of made the 3rd Marquez fight at 140 where it would at least limit Pacquiao's weight advantage.

Manny knows he lost twice and beating a Lightweight at Welterweight won't change the fact that Marquez got the better of him at their prime.
          No one who bounces off the canvas at will like that wins any fight in my eyes. They go running after that, and Pac went for one punch KO.

Pac got robbed by mistake on the judges cards, and FLoyd lost to Castillo who is not as good as JMM, so mention that instead.
          Last edited by hugh grant; 11-08-2011, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
            No one who bounces off the canvas at will like that wins any fight in my eyes. They go running after that, and Pac went for one punch KO.

Pac got robbed by mistake on the judges cards, and FLoyd lost to Castillo who is not as good as JMM, so mention that instead.
            WTF does Mayweather's fight with Jose Luis Castillo have to do with this thread?

Comment

I thought Marquez won both. I just watched them again, back to back, and I actually thought it was pretty clear. Close, but clear.

But watching them really does show you how much Pac has improved. He thinks more now, he's not just an instinctual animal in there. He's very cerebral and I think that has more to do with this improvement than his right hand. You can see him figuring the guy out over the first couple of rounds and he actually counters now instead of just attacking.

Comment

I had Pacquiao winning both fights.

Comment

pac won both those fights.

another way to think of this is that out of the 6 judges, 4 had pac winning. addtionally, the judge who was replaced for the 2nd fight had pacwinning as well.

that makes it 5-2 for pac in the judges eyes. we can forget about that draw, since he admitted 10-6 was the right score.

the scorecards also make the fight appear closer than they actualy were, because pac had both fights in the bag by about the 10th round in which case jmm had no chance unles he ko him.

Comment

Working...
                  X