Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: Lomachenko vs. Mikey Garcia is 50-50 Super Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richardt View Post
    Lets not forget a detail that could be significant! A lot of people question Garcia quitting against Salido. Many fighters have fought through a broken nose and Garcia did not. That could be an ominous sign as well as the fact that Salido was coming on strong made Garcia think twice about continuing and chose not to. And to top that off, Salido had a broken orbital bone in that fight and did not quit. And Mayweather faced a lot of bullies, a couple bigger than him and he pulled it out each time. Movement and defense is the key in fights like these. Garcia wont be able to hit the backside of a barn with a bag of rice in this fight.
    Good points, but Loma and salido styles are waaaay different, Loma won’t bully Mikey... it’ll be the other way around. Mikey will be the bully, the harder hitting, fundamentally sound bully which is dangerous for Loma. If Loma takes this fight and he gets the win, wow i would give the man mad props

Comment

Originally posted by KaidouTheBeast View Post
      Is this the same roby who called lomabumko before the fight and now jumping and said loma has special talent?is this the same you roby?wow, wow...
      Buahahahahaha....so ****ing funny..shame on you
      It is me i did call him that and him beating rigo under the known conditions does nothing to little for his resume. He is special, he still needs to put it on paper with scalps though

Comment

Lomachenko's win over Rigondeaux did nothing for me, this fight on the other hand is the fight boxing needs the most, especially with Ward's retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSlickster View Post
          Loma would probably beat Mikey imo. As good as Mikey is, Loma is just on a whole different level and would frustrate him. Although the Broner fight Mikey dominated, I feel Mikey was a bit hesitant when trying to unload on Broner. Lomachenko would exploit that. Crawford would definitely be Loma's greatest challenge though stylistically
          Good post! Especially the part about Crawford. He would definitely be Loma's stiffest challenge and would be favored.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
            Lomachenko is a phenomenal talent and skillswise is up there with elites due to his unorthodox footwork, shifting and always creating angles and throwing decoy combos to open up a target!

But Garcia is another level of talent, he's so fundamentally sound that he rarely makes mistakes in the ring! He's as disciplined as they come and his jab is one of the best. He showed in the Broner fight that he can fight as a pressure fighter instead of the out boxer behind the jab looking for counters!

I would pick Garcia to win, Loma is very good but i think timing and fundamentals plus enough power cab offset Lomas footwork, speed and ability to use different angles constantly!

Gonna be a great fight, and if Loma wins then he definitely takes pound for pound number 1, he would have arguably the best resume in boxing if he can somehow take another belt at 130 and move up an beat a champ there then beat Mikey.....that would be nuts!
            So Loma isnt as fundamental sound as Mikey?
            Assuming you are right, I think Loma will give Mikey angles that Mikey has not seen in a while.

Plus, Loma already fought many fighters as an amateur so I think he already know how to fight a fundamental fighter in Mikey.

Comment

Originally posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
              So Loma isnt as fundamental sound as Mikey?
              Assuming you are right, I think Loma will give Mikey angles that Mikey has not seen in a while.

Plus, Loma already fought many fighters as an amateur so I think he already know how to fight a fundamental fighter in Mikey.
              He isn't, Mikey is as fundamental as they come!

Loma is bit more awkward and advanced in his technique is what I meant!

He doesn't really follow the all the fundamentals of boxing!

One things for sure, the man got stamina for sale!.
              He not only constantly moves and shifts his body and head for different angles, but he normally throws lots of punches, that must take lot's of energy!

Mikey gonna be throwing body jabs for days!

Comment

Loma says he wants the fight. This might very well happen.

Comment

YAWN. That's what everyone said about rigo lomo.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                    Speed doesn't matter?

Tell that to Roy Jones opponents during his prime--good boxers such as Hopkins, Toney, Hill, had no answer.

Tell that to Pac's opponents during his prime--good/great boxers such as Barrera, Morales, JMM, Cotto couldn't neutralize his speed and reflexes.

A lot of fans and boxing insiders thought Russell Jr. Walters and Rigo would trouble Loma with their boxing skills. Didn't happen.

Mikey is a solid fighter with good counter-punching skills. But Loma is not Broner or Salido. He won't be standing in front of Mikey, and his punches have a cumulative effect. Not one-punch KO power but he will wear Mikey down and frustrate him over 12 rounds.
                    Roy Jones Jr was an utter physical marvel, but Eddie Futch and Montel Griffin were able to come up with a plan that negated most of that; Griffin got blitzed in the rematch, but that's that.

Manny Pacquiao was a physical marvel, bludgeoning through everyone; he comes across JMM and Nacho, and they nullify near all of it.

This is likely a bit of hyperbole, but Mikey Garcia almost never makes mistakes in the ring. He keeps his chin tucked, throws a really good jab, cuts the ring well, is hardly ever out of position, and can punch like a mule. You add that he's got a really good boxing brain in his own right, and folks are being presumptuous.

Comment

Originally posted by glenn mcrory View Post
                      These guys dont know what they are watching. All that flashy **** Lomachenko does like the exagerrated movement and pitty patty slaps only open him up especially to someone who uses rounds to figure out range.

Garcia's footwork isnt flashy or overplayed like what Lomachenko does, but he is always in position to defend, counter and parry.
                      Garcia sets traps Lomachenko probably wont even know hes being set up to walk into something, usually when opponents try to cross quickly through the distance Garcia's jab covers. Hell, Garcia throws out his jab and Lomachenko hesitates to go through it, Garcia wins on ring generalship, he doesnt even need to damage Lomachenko, he'll simply win by limiting Lomachenko's own aggression.

These "boxing fans" say timing kills speed, but in this convenient case, speed is unbeatable.
                      A lot of folks are going to be shocked if Arum ever even makes the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X