Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: George Foreman: If Fight Goes Twelve - Canelo Will Beat Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's funny that people are stuck thinking Canelo can't simply outbox the defenseless brawler GGG.

So, yeah, if it goes decision I think Canelo wins...without controversy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunpowdergreg View Post
      Agree, I don't see weight being an issue but the concern is unlike against Chavez Jr. he wasn't carrying around extra weight in muscle bulk and the statement made by Holyfield was a little more detailed about the lactic acid build-up in those new muscles causing the burn and heaviness of his arms/shoulders. Caneo and his team are experienced, he went back to training a few weeks after Chavez Jr. to bulk-up and cut down for GGG and they would have never closed camp early if they were concerned about weight. Again, my concern is with potential fatigue, without that one concern I'd be back at a 50/50 pick'em fight.

I actually think fatigue could be more of an issue for Golovkin

* 36yo
      * only been 12 once
      * this will be his most physically demanding fight..... he will miss a lot of punches, and cop LOTS of those nasty bodyshots..... I am very curious to see how his 36yo legs look down the stretch

Comment

Working...
      X