No announcement yet.

Crawford and Brook go at each other.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    The fight would have to be in the UK on Sky Box Office for it to happen. And honestly, why not if you are Crawford? You rather face someone like Brook than Collazo or someone of that caliber.

I mean if the Spence fight happens next then this fight is irrelevant. But if Spence beats Porter and gets Pacquiao? Then Crawford vs Brook is decent.
    Would Rank allow him to come to the UK? They should but would they? It would be an easy fight for him, and he can get Brook the PPV that he wants.

Comment

Don't even know why people are making the venue an issue. It will never take place in the UK, that's for sure. Brook knows it, most fans would assume that will be the case, simply because Crawford is a bigger name. End of story.

The biggest question that everyone ought to focus on is why aren't there any negotiations at all?

Comment

Originally posted by kraftzman View Post
        Don't even know why people are making the venue an issue. It will never take place in the UK, that's for sure. Brook knows it, most fans would assume that will be the case, simply because Crawford is a bigger name. End of story.

The biggest question that everyone ought to focus on is why aren't there any negotiations at all?
        Because Arum says Brook doesn't matter anymore:

Arum: “The fight that Crawford would like is Spence. Kell Brook means nothing anymore.

So if Arum thinks Brook means nothing, does that mean Kavaliauskas means less than nothing. Because Brook is a bigger name and would lay Kavaliauskas out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          Would Rank allow him to come to the UK? They should but would they? It would be an easy fight for him, and he can get Brook the PPV that he wants.
          They just care about airing the fight on ESPN+. They sent Lomachenko to the UK to fight Campbell so I'm sure they would do the same with Crawford.

I'm sure they would do very well on Sheffield or where ever and the PPV would do a decent amount of buys. It makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by South Champion View Post
            Because Arum says Brook doesn't matter anymore:

Arum: “The fight that Crawford would like is Spence. Kell Brook means nothing anymore.

So if Arum thinks Brook means nothing, does that mean Kavaliauskas means less than nothing. Because Brook is a bigger name and would lay Kavaliauskas out.
            It may be because Arum sensed Crawford's lack of interest in it. He and his team's instant reaction was they're not fighting in the UK, which seemed odd to me, when they knew Brook can't possibly be the shot caller.

Comment

Originally posted by kraftzman View Post
              Why is it a terrible fight?

Would you rather see him fight a guy named Kavaliauskas, who no one ever heard of?
              both suck man

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                They just care about airing the fight on ESPN+. They sent Lomachenko to the UK to fight Campbell so I'm sure they would do the same with Crawford.

I'm sure they would do very well on Sheffield or where ever and the PPV would do a decent amount of buys. It makes sense.
                Then it’s an option that they should explore, just by listening to many people around here, the amount of money Matchroom pays Brook!!! That fight can only happen in the UK, unless Brook is willing to take a pay cut to go to America for that fight, and to be honest if Brook isn’t willing to take a pay cut to make the Khan fight a reality then I don’t see him doing so again Crawford.

That fight would do well in the UK, but the fact that Hearn doesn’t talk about it as an option makes me feel like he doesn’t think it would come off.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  Then it’s an option that they should explore, just by listening to many people around here, the amount of money Matchroom pays Brook!!! That fight can only happen in the UK, unless Brook is willing to take a pay cut to go to America for that fight, and to be honest if Brook isn’t willing to take a pay cut to make the Khan fight a reality then I don’t see him doing so again Crawford.

That fight would do well in the UK, but the fact that Hearn doesn’t talk about it as an option makes me feel like he doesn’t think it would come off.
                  I remember Hearn talking about it a bit after the Khan fight. But Arum was the one that shot it down quickly saying Brook is a nobody now.

Brook knows how much Khan got for the Crawford fight and he will want around the same. This is why it only makes sense in the UK. Maybe majority of his pay could come off how well the PPV and gate does? So sort or of an upside type of deal and TR guatantees Crawford's purse? I don't know but you can't put that fight on PPV in the states so this is the only option.

Comment

Listen to the arrogant Brook who has done nothing of worth since Spence knocked him out a few years ago and has not fought at 147 since then either.

Comment

Oh brother. Another worthless fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X